General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HOG Membership renewal?

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2011, 01:57 PM
Deer Stalker
Road Master
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Uncle G.
I converted to "Life Member" back some years ago, when it was offered for a one time payment. For about 15 years I was very active in a very active local chapter (served as road captain, etc.). Changing life priorities have lessened my level of participation in the local chapter over the past 6-7 years, but I hope to get back into it, so I maintain my local membership, too. I had a lot of fun and made many good friends while I was "in".

Like any organization or club, it's what you make of it, and how much you're willing to contribute.
And that is it in a nutshell, it's about finding some like minded folk who like riding but is maybe not the complete be all and end all of life for them. I just renewed mine a week ago, yes I'm a road captain and I enjoy it. I have always ridden since 16 (I'm 43), Italian scooters, Jap bikes, BMW, Triumph, Harley since 2005 along with a Yamaha.

To me its just fun

Old 07-11-2011, 02:04 PM
jeffreydsilver
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 163 Likes on 112 Posts
Default There Are Worse Things In Life!

Still got room on the jacket for a few more patches and pins! My way of supporting a good cause? I don't have the time to participate but I appreciate all that is done locally on a charitable basis.

Old 07-11-2011, 04:01 PM
Keith_H
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We have a pretty good local chapter. I enjoy their weekend rides, dinner rides and get togethers. Especially when i'm looking for something to do. I can do without the meetings though. I've met many like minded friends in the chapter, several who I travel around the country with every year. I have way more good than bad things to say about HOG.

Old 07-11-2011, 05:14 PM
Not E'nuff Harley
Road Warrior
Received 54 Likes on 41 Posts

Tried the local thing for 8 months three years ago. Volunteered for everything they did. Couldn't find a "click" that realized mine was a harley, even though it isn't on a touring frame. They can bite me. It's simply "not e'nuff harley" for them, and my plate says piglet. Maybe someday it will be a hog.
Not paying $45 for the mag. Insurance gave me a discount for an advanced riders course. Sprint discounts my bill because of where I work. Towing through my insurance and it's where I want it, not a dealer. Not for me.

Old 07-11-2011, 05:57 PM
kmnjr
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Decided to do the 3 year deal when the wife wouldn't go for the new bike scenario, lol, and I guess it's now up to me to take advantage of the savings opportunities. Thanks again to everyone for the input!

Old 07-11-2011, 09:07 PM
jazzy jack
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My dealer gives me 15% discount for cash, cell phone service from my provider is dirt cheap, and I don't have to hang around with a bunch that thinks wearing new leather completely covered in bogus patches and riding to Tim Horton's to sit in the parking lot for 4 hours makes them bad *** bikers. But hey, what do I know!