General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Direct harley parts- warning

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2011, 03:10 PM
White Ice
Stellar HDF Member
Received 398 Likes on 184 Posts

I ordered a $99 part on Sept.2 online. On Sept 6 I got an email, with a USPS tracking number, saying the part was shipped. Checking USPS today - no such number exists. I noticed the big online banner with the $7.95 shipping for orders under $149 - I was charged $9.95. I probably won't order from them in the future.

Old 09-08-2011, 03:15 PM
aviator
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by White Ice
I ordered a $99 part on Sept.2 online. On Sept 6 I got an email, with a USPS tracking number, saying the part was shipped. Checking USPS today - no such number exists. I noticed the big online banner with the $7.95 shipping for orders under $149 - I was charged $9.95. I probably won't order from them in the future.
that's just wrong. they didn't ship your part? did they charge your credit card? did you ever get it straight? will they refund your $99 or ship your parts?

and to hit you up for $2.00. I don't blame you - I wouldn't want to save $20% of $99 either, even if it cost me $2.00 more.

Old 09-08-2011, 03:36 PM
bamarider
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hope you get your part. I ordered a part for the home recently using USPS. Same thing my tracking info said it did not exists. The part did arrive with no issues about 4 days after I placed the order.
Originally Posted by White Ice

Old 09-08-2011, 06:53 PM
KW-HD Rider
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I never put much stock in the USPS tracking numbers as I have found they are worthless. UPS and Fed Ex tracking numbers are very reliable. So the bad USPS tracking number may not be Direct Harley's fault. Not saying they are good company just that the USPS tracking numbers are crap.

Old 09-08-2011, 09:02 PM
mickey01
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't know maybe I have been lucky, I have ordered quite a bit a things from them over the past year, most recently new pipes, and never had a problem. Always shipped quickly and always in stock.

Old 09-08-2011, 09:07 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

I guess he really does not care about his customers and what kind of service they get. I dunno, I am far from perfect but when I am faced with an issue I do the best I can to resolve it in a satisfactory fashion. Like I said, $hit happens, but give us a try next time and you will be treated right.

Sometimes it worth it to pay a few extra dollars and know that you are being given the straight dope. OF course that is all a matter of opinion.

Drew

Old 09-08-2011, 10:35 PM
White Ice
Stellar HDF Member
Received 398 Likes on 184 Posts

So if DHP is 'under new management'....who is Frank.....the old management or the new? I just got an email from Frank thanking me for my order.
My CC has been charged, so I'm sure it will show up eventually. I'll just wait patiently and...

Old 09-09-2011, 03:57 AM
TennesseeMustangPerf
Elite HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Another dissatisfied customer, and the most you can do is cut and paste the same message advertising promotions. No apologies, no attempt to resolve the situation. Sorry, but if the company has indeed changed hands (as their seems to be some debate), then you have got a lot of work ahead of you, and it starts by improving customer service.

Old 09-09-2011, 05:14 AM
rlowride
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow...
Form letter on a message board...
Really?

Old 09-09-2011, 05:16 AM
llbigbird
Road Warrior
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by DR. V-TWIN
I guess he really does not care about his customers and what kind of service they get. I dunno, I am far from perfect but when I am faced with an issue I do the best I can to resolve it in a satisfactory fashion. Like I said, $hit happens, but give us a try next time and you will be treated right.

Sometimes it worth it to pay a few extra dollars and know that you are being given the straight dope. OF course that is all a matter of opinion.

Drew
I agree here 100%. In today's times,people are trying to ensure they get the best bang for their buck (including service) and do not hesitate to go elsewhere if they feel "screwed". I personally will only deal with people who I know others had great experience with.

Quick Reply: Direct harley parts- warning