General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Direct harley parts- warning

Old 09-09-2011, 05:58 AM
Trawfish
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by direct_harley_parts
Hello All!

First off, I would like to introduce myself.
My name is Dan and I am new here to Direct Harley Parts.
Direct Harley Parts just changed ownership as of Sept 6th, 2011.
We are an entire new team here to assist you and to bring you the
best parts at a great price! No clubs, no memberships,
no waiting, no gimmicks.

Direct Harley Parts had to reorganize and get a real plan in place.
As some of you may know, Direct Harley Parts had some logistical errors
when notifying customers of back orders, out of stock products, etc.
While over 98% of our customers were satisfied, and had their parts on time, the operation
led to disaster for for the rest.
At Direct Harley Parts we strive for 100% Customer Satisfaction.
Anything less is unacceptable.

A few things that our new team is striving to change:
-You will be notified if a part is not in stock, discontinued, back ordered within 24 hours
-All International/APO/HI & AK customers will be notified of any additional shipping charges with in 24 hours
-Solid communication between the customer and our team including a new Live Chat feature to reach myself as well as others
almost all hours of the day.

A few perks we have added to show our appreciation to our customers:
-New lower minimum for Free Shipping @ $149
-New lower price for all orders below the minimum @ $7.95
-New Live Chat
-New warehouse with an additional 20,000 parts in stock for a total of over 50,000 in stock parts
-Most Parts now ship same day
-Coming Soon: Free gifts with every order
-Coming Soon: 10,000 + added parts to the website for 24/7 ordering
-Coming Soon: CycleWheelPros - Wheel motorcycle expert team to give you all the info you need when purchasing
new wheels, tires, rotors, pulleys, and more. Offering almost every wheel and tire manufacturer in the Nation!

These are just a few of the thing we are changing here at Direct Harley Parts.
We are excited to get this thing started and know that with our team of customer service experts, and our prices,
that we can bring you the best in the industry!

I will be here on the forums from now on to answer any questions/concerns anyone may have.
Feel free to chat with me via our Live Chat from our site or send me a message/PM here on the forums.

Thank you for your time.

-Dan
K... Ordered new bars on 9/5... called on 9/8 cause order still shows processing...sales person says "they are coming this week"... It's friday!!!!.... no bars, no shipping info, order still says processing!!!! you have my money, whats the deal? They coming or not?

Oh yeah... left a message on the "live chat" also...

*** Wish this thread existed last week

Old 09-09-2011, 06:05 AM
frenchbiker
Elite HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by TennesseeMustangPerf
Another dissatisfied customer, and the most you can do is cut and paste the same message advertising promotions. No apologies, no attempt to resolve the situation. Sorry, but if the company has indeed changed hands (as their seems to be some debate), then you have got a lot of work ahead of you, and it starts by improving customer service.
Agree. I think they're losing a lot of credibility by letting an employee post this advertising crap everywhere, instead of responding to dissatisfied customers. I never bought anything from them and I sure won't buy anything from them in the future.

Old 09-09-2011, 04:11 PM
Trawfish
Intermediate

9/9/2011 2:00 p.m.

You are now chatting with : Dan
Dan:
Hello
You:
Hi Dan, can you please advise on a true time frame for my order #3451. I called the other day and you told me this week. Other vendors are saying at least a month out for Santee bars. I just want the truth.
Dan:
Just a moment
Dan:
I apologize for the wait.
Dan:
They had me on hold
Dan:
The girl that handles our account says they should be shipping out today.
Dan:
We just got a whole pallet of other chrome bars in, and black should be delivered here by Tues next week
You:
ok... shipping from where? Germany? Not trying to be sarcastic, just want to know if you are getting them by tuesday, am i getting them by end of week?
Dan:
They come from Central California. We should have them tuesday. Pending santee can get them to us as promised, you will have them by wed / thursday.
You:
Ok, like I said, I just want the truth, not empty promises... I'm gonna hold you to that on the HDForums.
You:
Thanks, Steve
Dan:
Haha. KK. i hope santee doesnt blow it
Dan:
It would be santee giving empty promises. They do it alot, I hope this time they are not

Passing the buck?

Old 09-09-2011, 06:09 PM
skulltrainharley
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Tell you what i smell a wrong un ....... This company would not see ANY of my money as long as i got a hole in my ***! ....

Old 09-10-2011, 03:56 PM
Trawfish
Intermediate

To their credit, I received an email finally explaining the item is on backorder which is fine, just would have liked to know that in the begining.

Anybody know where I can get a set of black Santee Bonanza "Fat"-low bars?

Old 09-10-2011, 04:10 PM
White Ice
Stellar HDF Member
Received 398 Likes on 184 Posts

To recap my story - I ordered a part on the 2nd, was notified on the 6th that it shipped (USPS tracking # was useless), the part arrived on the 9th. All is good. I will consider ordering from DHP in the future.

Old 09-10-2011, 05:53 PM
frenchbiker
Elite HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by Trawfish
To their credit, I received an email finally explaining the item is on backorder which is fine, just would have liked to know that in the begining.

Anybody know where I can get a set of black Santee Bonanza "Fat"-low bars?
It wouldn't be fine with me since you said before that they have your money. I refuse to deal with merchants who charge my CC when I order and not when they ship. It's no big deal with the item is available and ships immediately but when it's on backorder, it shouldn't happen. Honest merchants like Jake Wilson don't charge you until they ship. I ordered a Dunlop American Elite in Aug 2010 and they told me immediately it's on backorder and it should ship around the end of september. I knew that nobody had it cause it was a new tire so I placed my order. Jake Wilson didn't charge my CC when I ordered and they kept sending me emails informing me of the projected ship date. I got 2 or 3 of them. Before they shipped it early October, they called me to know if I still wanted it. Needless to say, they won my business for a long time.

Last edited by frenchbiker; 09-10-2011 at 06:01 PM.
Old 09-10-2011, 08:17 PM
JAKE 2544
Road Captain
Received 68 Likes on 50 Posts

I ordered my heat shields from them because they were the lowest price but cancelled my order after hearing how bad they were on this forum. They said they were already sent out and provided me a tracking number that was legit a couple days later.

Old 09-10-2011, 08:47 PM
BillM
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Trawfish
9/9/2011 2:00 p.m.

You are now chatting with : Dan
Dan:
Hello
You:
Hi Dan, can you please advise on a true time frame for my order #3451. I called the other day and you told me this week. Other vendors are saying at least a month out for Santee bars. I just want the truth.
Dan:
Just a moment
Dan:
I apologize for the wait.
Dan:
They had me on hold
Dan:
The girl that handles our account says they should be shipping out today.
Dan:
We just got a whole pallet of other chrome bars in, and black should be delivered here by Tues next week
You:
ok... shipping from where? Germany? Not trying to be sarcastic, just want to know if you are getting them by tuesday, am i getting them by end of week?
Dan:
They come from Central California. We should have them tuesday. Pending santee can get them to us as promised, you will have them by wed / thursday.
You:
Ok, like I said, I just want the truth, not empty promises... I'm gonna hold you to that on the HDForums.
You:
Thanks, Steve
Dan:
Haha. KK. i hope santee doesnt blow it
Dan:
It would be santee giving empty promises. They do it alot, I hope this time they are not

Passing the buck?
Have any of you dealt with ordering parts for your customer from a 3rd party? I do itg all the time. I am right now. I ordered 3 wireless access points for a motel and they STILL have not come in. I called my vendor and they said their warehouse was out of stock and they had to come from the manufacturer. Then he checked with them and they said they shipped that day.

I can understand that sometimes it is not my suppliers fault but where they get them from. However, I am an impatient person and want what I want yesterday. But I try and understand. If my supplier keeps having the problems getting my stuff to me, then I will find another.

I understand everyone's issues with them but I will most likely give DHP a chance when I order my exhaust, breather, and tuner.

Old 09-17-2011, 01:34 PM
mplecha
Stellar HDF Member
Received 159 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by aviator
I do not put any stock in your post. you've been a member for 3 1/2 years, and your first post is to bad mouth an experience you had.

sorry - I call BS on you and your post!
+1. I'm also curious as to how you could tell he's a cowboy..

I just ordered a thunderheader from their site for much less than anybody else had it. Dan told me it's made to order and drop shipped from thunderheader, so I can't imagine much can go wrong. I used paypal and a cc. We'll see.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Direct harley parts- warning