General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Clearview Shields - Great Customer Service/Great Product

Old 10-26-2011, 04:47 PM
p51bombay
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Clearview Shields - Great Customer Service/Great Product

Many times you only hear about a company when someone is unhappy with a product, but rarely when one offers something above the norm. So over the summer I ordered a HD QD windshield for my Super Fat project knowing full well that it would likely have buffeting issues. A couple weeks ago I finally put the thing on for one very uncomfortable ride - it did have a major buffeting issue as expected. But this was something I had planned for - so I called Clearview Shields and told them what I had - that the 18" WS from Harley sat right at eye level and that I wanted something that would completely put the wind over me, that I didn't ride in the rain and therefore didn't care if I was looking through the new one. Mark at CV suggested their largest screen with a recurve top, at 5 inches taller and 4 inches wider this thing is BIG but it did just what he said.

Now to the good part, since CV is a forum sponsor and Mark reads the forum from time to time he spotted my post about the product and not only did he email me to say thanks but he's making a super offer to forum members by offering any of their in stock blems at 50% off!!! Yes, that's FIFTY percent off, half price on an already low price. Now you might be thinking I don't want a "blem" but I can tell you that what they conisder a blem is so minute that I can't see any flaws even though I knew where to look. Not only that but he went so far as to retroactively offer me the 50% off deal as well - that to me is above and beyond.

Mark posted the offer in the original thread and I'm sure he will include it here as well but for anyone interested here is the "Barn Door" thread".

Old 10-26-2011, 07:28 PM
streeteagle
Club Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

What a coincidence! I've been in contact with Mark the last couple of days in regard to getting a 20 inch shield with the upper recurve for my Deuce. Mine will have to be special made but I still intend to tell him I'm a Forum member, might get some discount. Glad to hear you're pleased with yours.

Old 10-26-2011, 07:47 PM
azmerm
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was very pleased with the Clearview shield I recently purchased for my Flhxxx!

Old 10-26-2011, 07:55 PM
zukeeper
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

sorry man , thats just goofy , a helicopter doesn't have a shield window that big lol

Old 10-26-2011, 08:14 PM
wyndnface
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,131 Likes on 1,055 Posts

Thanks for the post and good to know

Old 10-26-2011, 08:23 PM
DanDolfn
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just put a +2 windshield on my Road King, but since I had to have cataract surgery, I haven't had a chance to ride with it yet.

Clearview was very easy to deal with and the windshield came right when they said it would.

Old 10-26-2011, 10:40 PM
nytryder
Elite HDF Member
Received 296 Likes on 176 Posts

I like my CV windshield. They are good people.

Old 10-26-2011, 11:28 PM
zeus33
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

I've had my CV for 2 full years now. It's awesome, I really like it. No buffeting, no goofy back eddies or swirling around the sides like the stock shields have. I bought a blem, I just remembered that. But like the OP said, I can't see it don't even know where to look for it.

Last edited by zeus33; 10-28-2011 at 12:13 PM.
Old 10-27-2011, 05:34 PM
Mike Horrell
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have a Clearview recurve visor on my Batwing conversion and I'm very happy with it.

Old 10-27-2011, 07:09 PM
cdestuck
Supporter

Received 211 Likes on 101 Posts

While we're talking of customer service I have to throw this one in. For years ago I bought a Wayne sewage pump for my churches sump. This summer iI discovered a mouse fell into the sump and in trying to get out, chewed on the power and float wires in attempts to get out of the pump. I called Wayne Cus Ser and told them what happened and inquired about buying replacement parts. Parts and shipping were going to be about 50 bucks which I was ok with as the pump cost over 200 bucks. After asking him some questions he then offered and said, Hey, send me your reciept and I'll just send you out a new pump. Dang, was that great. Even the shipping on the fifty pound pump had to cost a few bucks. Wayne pumps.....you impressed me. THANKS

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Clearview Shields - Great Customer Service/Great Product