General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Milwaukee Crazy Horse Leather Jacket - My Review-Pics

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2011, 06:46 PM
JekyllnHyde
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 250 Likes on 146 Posts
Default Milwaukee Crazy Horse Leather Jacket - My Review-Pics

I just received my Milwaukee Crazy Horse leather jacket that I bought from Holbrook Davis & Co. for $189, plus shipping & tax for a total of $216. This is the best price I found while searching. Other co's I saw prices ranged from $199 to $275. I ordered it on 9/7 and it came in today, 9/14. UPS Ground. So considering there were no delivery issues, I was pretty happy with who I ordered it from. Took a little longer than some other co's but I'm not going to nitpick.

Here is my review of the jacket with photos

I'm 5' 9", 165 lbs. Measurements taken with t-shirt on. 42.5" chest (measured from under arms), 35" waist (measured around belly button)

About the Jacket: This Milwaukee has a distressed look that's not over done. It's a medium weight jacket. Somewhere I read that it's about 1.4mm. I also have a Fox Creek Commander. To compare thickness, Fox Creek leathers are 1.4 to 1.6mm (I'd say closer to 1.6mm). I wanted another slightly lighter jacket for days that weren't so cold. While holding them both, the Fox Creek seems a little heavier.

It has 2 slant pockets on the sides, 2 pockets on the inside and a cell phone pocket on the removable inside liner. The liner is very comfortable. The two top chest zippers ARE NOT POCKETS. They're air vents. Milwaukee made a mistake in their video saying they are pockets. Personally, that doesn't bother me. There are 4 air vents total, 2 in front, and 2 in the back.
The ribbed panels on the side actually look good and are functional. I think they make a big difference with the fit.
Sizing & Fit: I ordered a medium size. When I emailed Milwaukee asking about size, the guy told me to order whatever t-shirt size I wear. I was skeptical, but I went ahead and ordered a medium.

The fit is PERFECT!! It's form fitting and not baggy or bulky, and I still have plenty of room in my shoulders and chest to move. I also tried it on with a long sleeve t-shirt and a hoody....again, perfect!

The front length is just right so the collar won't be pushed up under my chin while I'm in the riding position. The sleeve length is also perfect. With my arms to my sides the sleeves are right at my knuckles, and when on the handle bars they get to right where they're supposed to be. The waist is snug but not tight....even with the hoody. I'd say even if I added 2 inches of fat around my waist I would still be ok, but no more than that. But with those ribbed panels, I would think that a good taylor/seamstress could easily add a little more material for more room.

Bottom line as far as the fitting goes. If I wanted to really layer up, a large may have been a better choice. With the medium, I can go with a thermal undershirt, a long sleeve shirt and a hoody and be fine. I know some guys really like to layer up in the cold so I thought I'd mention this.

Quality: The quality is excellent. However, I haven't had the jacket nearly long enough to know how it will hold up. It seems that it will do just just fine though. The leather is soft and supple but thick, and right up there with Fox Creek.

Summary: All in all, this is the best fitting jacket I've had. Better fitting than my Fox Creek, which I had custom made. I paid over $560 for my Fox Creek and only $216 with tax & shipping for my Milwaukee. In time I'll know how much warmer the Fox Creek is than the Milwaukee. If it's not a huge difference I may sell my Fox Creek. That's how much I like the Milwaukee, so far. The Crazy Horse is a great looking jacket and I can't say enough about the fit....at least how well it fits me. Milwaukee has some other very nice jackets in their line. The Sportster is very nice and the brown Top Gun retro jacket is a simple but awesome looking jacket. NO, I DO NOT WORK FOR MILWAUKEE OR ITS AFFILIATES. LOL

Ok, here are the pics along with some links. I hope this review helps some of you who have been asking about Milwaukee jackets. I love mine!

Holbrook Davis & Co.
http://www.holbrookdavis.com/detail.aspx?ID=1186

Milwaukee website with size chart
http://www.milwaukeemotorcycleclothi...se-jacket.html

Milwaukee Promo Video

Last edited by JekyllnHyde; 09-14-2011 at 06:52 PM.
Old 09-14-2011, 08:38 PM
CaptJIM
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Really nice looking jacket D-Buzz. Love the vintage look and the embossed understated "Milwaukee" logo on the upper back is a nice touch. I have seen a lot of the Milwaukee stuff at my local Farm & Fleet store and everything they have seems to be very nice quality thick leather.

Interesting that the crazy horse jacket on the Milwaukee Leather site at the link you posted is $269, and I noticed on the video they listed a mmccleather.com address for the Milwaukee Leather site and the same jacket is listed at $199. Both still more than what you paid, but very odd that the same company has two web addresses and two drastically different prices on the same jacket.

Last edited by CaptJIM; 09-14-2011 at 09:09 PM. Reason: Added web site info.
Old 09-14-2011, 08:50 PM
gjb1952
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Crazy horse is a strip club on 94th and Lincoln, West Allis, Wi.

Old 09-14-2011, 09:51 PM
Kowan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nothing like a new jacket that looks years old already.
Saves you from having to drag it behind you to get that used look.

Old 09-14-2011, 10:02 PM
JekyllnHyde
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by CaptJIM
Really nice looking jacket D-Buzz. Love the vintage look and the embossed understated "Milwaukee" logo on the upper back is a nice touch. I have seen a lot of the Milwaukee stuff at my local Farm & Fleet store and everything they have seems to be very nice quality thick leather.

Interesting that the crazy horse jacket on the Milwaukee Leather site at the link you posted is $269, and I noticed on the video they listed a mmccleather.com address for the Milwaukee Leather site and the same jacket is listed at $199. Both still more than what you paid, but very odd that the same company has two web addresses and two drastically different prices on the same jacket.
I noticed that too. I initially tried to order the jacket off mmccleather.com for $199 but their shopping cart wasn't working. I called and left a message and no one called back. It's hard to find a store I can walk into here in NC that sells Milwaukee leathers. I would have loved to have been able to try different jackets on. I'm very happy with my purchase though. I'm sold on Milwaukee now. I'm pretty sure my Fox Creek will spend more time on the hanger now, unless I sell it.

Old 09-14-2011, 10:04 PM
JekyllnHyde
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Kowan
Nothing like a new jacket that looks years old already.
Saves you from having to drag it behind you to get that used look.
LOL By the time my Fox Creek gets that look, I'll be too old to ride.

Old 09-14-2011, 10:05 PM
Kowan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I was just teasing you.
I did think the distressed seams were reflective material at first though.

Old 09-14-2011, 10:19 PM
CaptJIM
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I just checked my local Farm & Fleet site and they have the Milwaukee Leather Crazy Horse in stock. They state that it includes CE approved body armor on arms, shoulders and back and the are selling it for $249.99. Unless I missed it, I didn't see body armor listed in your description. Did yours come with body armor? Also, they did say the vertical zippers were for venting.

Old 09-14-2011, 10:21 PM
JekyllnHyde
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Kowan
I was just teasing you.
I did think the distressed seams were reflective material at first though.
the flash did make the photos look like that. Looks better in person. I could darken them up with something. A sharpie maybe? LOL

Old 09-14-2011, 11:41 PM
JekyllnHyde
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by CaptJIM
I just checked my local Farm & Fleet site and they have the Milwaukee Leather Crazy Horse in stock. They state that it includes CE approved body armor on arms, shoulders and back and the are selling it for $249.99. Unless I missed it, I didn't see body armor listed in your description. Did yours come with body armor? Also, they did say the vertical zippers were for venting.
No body armor on my jacket, and I never seen it advertised on any website I was on. Just curious, what's that website for your local Farm & Fleet store. They got the vertical zippers correct though.

Quick Reply: Milwaukee Crazy Horse Leather Jacket - My Review-Pics