General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MSF Riders Course Tennessee (TN) Question

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2011, 03:47 PM
sheaheeney
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MSF Riders Course Tennessee (TN) Question

I am relatively experienced rider from Tennessee who needs an Class M endorsement and would like to take the BRC or BRC2 course. I work every weekend and the standard Friday night, Saturday, Sunday format is not possible for me. I am trying to find a course that is not on the weekends. I cannot seem to find anyone who offers either.

I live in Williamson County but don't mind traveling anywhere in middle TN to take a class. Any help you could offer would be appreciated.

Thanks
Basic RiderCourse (BRC)
The best place for a new rider to start once they've made the decision to ride. Successful completion of this course and its knowledge and skill tests, which consists of approximately five hours of classroom and 10 hours of on-cycle instruction (conducted over two or three sessions), may serve as a license test waiver program in some states. Motorcycles and helmets are provided for your use during the course. Also, a course completion card may provide a rider an insurance discount. (In some states, this course may lead to only a motorcycle permit and require completion of the BRC2 to obtain full licensure.)

Basic RiderCourse 2 - License Waiver (BRC2-LW) [formerly ERC Suite]
For riders who already have basic skills. It is similar to the BRC except the speeds are higher and riders should be riding their own motorcycle. It is an excellent refresher course for practicing and renewing basic riding skills. There is an informal classroom component that discusses safety concepts based on past riding experiences and current knowledge. For a BRC2 minus the license waiver component (no classroom activities and no knowledge or skill test), there is a skills practice offering:

Old 09-18-2011, 05:37 PM
Captain Itch
Sponsor
Received 601 Likes on 324 Posts

Contact Boswells of Nashville they are good people..
http://www.boswellsharley.com/

Old 09-18-2011, 06:20 PM
panheadache
Road Master
Received 648 Likes on 316 Posts

when i moved back to tn from al in 1984, al did not have m endorsements at the time, so i went to take the written and riding test to get my tn m endorsement at the coffee county driver services service center on hwy 55 in between manchester and tullahoma. the written was easy, passed that. then came the ride part. at that time you took the obstacle course, or whatever you call it, on your own bike if you wanted to. there i was, a middle aged long-haired biker sitting on my black hd fxr in line with 5 or 10 or so scrawny pimply 15 & 16 year olds on little honda 125's and such. the big ole' raw-boned amazon lady cop went over everything and one by one tapped each kid and started them in a line out to the course. when she got to me, she laughed and said "you're done", signed my pass receipt, handed it to me and said, "take off". i laughed and thanked her and will never forget that to this day. thats a true story.

didnt mean to get off topic or hijack; just thought ya'll would like that story...

Old 09-18-2011, 06:31 PM
FroggyFatBoy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

excellent story panhead.. and a dead *** miracle for anyone in any DMV to be "nice".