General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First Biketoberfest!

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2011, 03:49 PM
force49r
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First Biketoberfest!

OK guys, I haven't been down to Daytona Beach in over 15 years. Yeah I know it's been awhile. But this is my first time having a bike. Just wondering what the "must do's" are..and places to stay away from. Definitley checking out the Limpnickie Lot Crew over at Stone Edge Skate Park. Me and my buddy will be rolling in Tuesday evening and leaving Sunday morning. I'm so damn fired up right now!

Old 10-03-2011, 04:04 PM
NewAge
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It's my hometown. Been to many years of bike weeks and biketoberfests. There are 4 places I would recommend as a HAVE TO for Biketoberfest and 5 if it's Bike Week.

Destination Daytona off of I-95. This is a huge days worth of things to see. It normally shuts down around 8-9pm.

Iron Horse which is just down the road from Destination Daytona. This is best at night. Daytime, ehhh. Burnout pit, boobies galore and lots of awesome food. Oh and good live music!

Main Street. This is good day or night (but more boobies at night). My favorite spot is the huge outside tent called The Doghouse. I'm usually chillin at the bar watching the chickadees dance around half naked. Awesome live music, the best bands starting around 7pm.

Also, Daytona HD (this one is on the corner of beach street and main street - NOT Destination Daytona) is a cool spot. It shuts down around 8pm. They usually have cool bike stunt shows in the back parking lot of HD. This is also where you can find the HOG tent. This place also has a few different stages with live music. I remember going to this spot when I was like 10 or 11 (back when it was safe to be outside as a kid).

During Bike Week, Daytona Speedway is the other awesome spot to be at. HD does their bike demos here along with all of the other major brands. Its pretty lame and full of traffic during Biketoberfest. I wouldn't recommend going there unless you REALLY want to. There are plenty of vendors there, but the SAME vendors are at Destination Daytona (and they have better parking).

Have fun. Ill be heading down around 3pm on Thursday and heading home on Sunday.

Oh, another spot I personally could careless for is the Cabbage Patch. It is a great camping spot if you are trailering with an RV or something and it also as awesome female cabbage wrestling.... But its only like once out of the entire 4 day event so its only cool around that time. Any other time its just a bar with live music and a few crappy vendors.

Last edited by NewAge; 10-03-2011 at 04:10 PM.
Old 10-03-2011, 04:04 PM
NewAge
Road Master

It's my hometown. Been to many years of bike weeks and biketoberfests. There are 4 places I would recommend as a HAVE TO for Biketoberfest and 5 if it's Bike Week.

Destination Daytona off of I-95. This is a huge days worth of things to see. It normally shuts down around 8-9pm.

Iron Horse which is just down the road from Destination Daytona. This is best at night. Daytime, ehhh. Burnout pit, boobies galore and lots of awesome food. Oh and good live music!

Main Street. This is good day or night (but more boobies at night). My favorite spot is the huge outside tent called The Doghouse. I'm usually chillin at the bar watching the chickadees dance around half naked. Awesome live music, the best bands starting around 7pm.

Also, Daytona HD (this one is on the corner of beach street and main street - NOT Destination Daytona) is a cool spot. It shuts down around 8pm. They usually have cool bike stunt shows in the back parking lot of HD. This is also where you can find the HOG tent. This place also has a few different stages with live music. I remember going to this spot when I was like 10 or 11 (back when it was safe to be outside as a kid).

During Bike Week, Daytona Speedway is the other awesome spot to be at. HD does their bike demos here along with all of the other major brands. Its pretty lame and full of traffic during Biketoberfest. I wouldn't recommend going there unless you REALLY want to. There are plenty of vendors there, but the SAME vendors are at Destination Daytona (and they have better parking).

Have fun. Ill be heading down around 3pm on Thursday and heading home on Sunday.

Old 10-03-2011, 04:05 PM
NewAge
Road Master

I have no clue why that posted twice. lol I only submitted once!

Old 10-03-2011, 04:49 PM
Robbie13
LOSER
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Last time I went, I went to the cabbage patch for cole slaw wrestling and then to a nude campground. Didn't participate but you could pay 5 bucks walk around and take pics. Awesome.

Old 10-03-2011, 04:58 PM
scasey
Road Master

Originally Posted by Robbie13
Last time I went, I went to the cabbage patch for cole slaw wrestling and then to a nude campground. Didn't participate but you could pay 5 bucks walk around and take pics. Awesome.
Where is the campground?

Old 10-03-2011, 04:59 PM
scasey
Road Master

Originally Posted by scasey
Where is the campground?
Meant to ask where the nude one was???

Old 10-03-2011, 05:11 PM
Robbie13
LOSER
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by scasey
Meant to ask where the nude one was???
Can't remember exactly. Just ask around that's how I heard about it. Just keep in mind, it's not gender specific, so just block that part out and take pictures of what you want. It's all a fog..... Have fun.

Old 10-03-2011, 05:21 PM
Jonesee
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 85 Likes on 53 Posts

Boot Hill at the top of Main street.
Iron Horse on US1. (order the steak and taters one night!!)

I personally won't put any money into the Rossmeyers' pockets at Destination Daytona, But it is a great place for vendors, J&P, and last year the Rat's Hole bike show.

Tropical Tatoo Bike Show!!! Ride it in and show it. Great bikes, great place to see all types of bikes. Garage builds, old restored etc...

Old 10-03-2011, 07:24 PM
force49r
Tourer

Thanks for all the quick responses. Like always you guys are my SUBJECT MATTER EXPERTS!

Quick Reply: First Biketoberfest!