General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Demo Rides

Old 10-17-2011, 02:41 PM
CEJohnson21
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Demo Rides

This past weekend I went to the Harley Demo ride at Westminster HD in Westminster, CA. They had about 16 bikes there to ride. Each demo ride lasted about 20 minutes and they even took us up on the freeway.

I heard several people complain about the way it was run. Personally, I had a good time, and I thought it was well organized. You could get in at least one ride each hour, and if you worked it right you could get two rides in each hour. It wasn't too crowded, they had food available, a live band, and several vendors had booths set up.

Maybe it could be better. I don't know because this is the first one I've ever been to, but when you can spend the day riding 6 to 10 brand new Harleys, that's a pretty good day.

Old 10-17-2011, 03:34 PM
Chunker
Road Warrior
Received 65 Likes on 46 Posts

A few weeks ago I pulled into the dealer in Pensacola just as they were shutting down. I am not from Pensacola although I did visit regularly. I didn't know about the factory demo rides or I would have shown up earlier. Would have liked to ride a couple of the smaller lighter bikes.

Old 10-17-2011, 03:56 PM
XKnight
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I went to the demo day at my local dealer last weekend and had a great time. Not sure why anyone would complain about free food, free entertainment and getting to ride a bunch of new Harley's, but thees days folks complain about anything and everything so nothing surprises me. I got to ride a CVO Road Glide and am now having naughty dreams about it.

Old 10-17-2011, 04:24 PM
CEJohnson21
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by XKnight
I went to the demo day at my local dealer last weekend and had a great time. Not sure why anyone would complain about free food, free entertainment and getting to ride a bunch of new Harley's, but thees days folks complain about anything and everything so nothing surprises me. I got to ride a CVO Road Glide and am now having naughty dreams about it.
The CVO Road Glide was awesome and well sorted. A fun bike to ride, but my favorite was the Road Glide Ultra. I own a Road King and like it very much, but it was fun to try out the Dyna Wide Glide and Soft Tail Blackline. If I could have two bikes it would be a coin toss between the Wide Glide and Blackline. I looked pretty cool riding both of them, at least in my mind.

Old 10-17-2011, 06:55 PM
cdestuck
Supporter

Received 211 Likes on 101 Posts

Theres idiots in this world that would complain if you gave them a Harley and then told them they'd have to pay tax on it.

Old 10-17-2011, 07:02 PM
nighttrain72970
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Went to the demo rides earlier this year. Rode the 48 and loved it.

Old 10-17-2011, 08:12 PM
themensh
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts

Bike week in Daytona.....Harley puts you on a bike...tells you to stay on the road marked with arrow 'signs'. Ride your pace......no leader to follow. Route is about 5 miles (or so).
Hop off the bike, get in line for another bike.

No fod though....LOL

chuck

Old 10-18-2011, 04:06 AM
hardwork2
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Demoes at Sturgis had a blast. CvO Roadie for me

Old 10-18-2011, 04:52 AM
oct1949
Club Member
Received 813 Likes on 799 Posts

Done one of those couple yrs ago around here. It was packed and only got to ride two and it took almost 3hrs.

Don't forget Helmets and boots if U want to ride one.

All said and done that's how I realized how much I really like my Heritage.

Old 10-18-2011, 08:29 AM
NDBadlands4-2
Extreme HDF Member
Received 66 Likes on 56 Posts

I would love to go to a demo day. So many bikes, so little time and $, but I would like to ride them all. The dealership I go to is 100 miles away. When I go in for service they give me a loaner bike from thier used inventory to go run errands and get food etc. This is as close to a demo day as I get.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Demo Rides