Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   General Harley Davidson Chat (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/general-harley-davidson-chat-29/)
-   -   WTF ? Now the wheel manufacturing is going to CHINA (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/general-harley-davidson-chat/714504-wtf-now-the-wheel-manufacturing-is-going-to-china.html)

rydermike 12-11-2011 11:42 AM

WTF ? Now the wheel manufacturing is going to CHINA

Just how much do they need to trim from their costs? Not like they are selling low end bikes at bargain pricing.
Legendary American motorcycle manufacturer, Harley Davidson has decided to shut down their wheel manufacturing unit in Adelaide, Australia and that too just three weeks before Christmas. This decision has come directly from the Harley Davidson Headquarters in US and the union of workers has termed this as heartless.

A total of 212 people have lost their jobs in Adelaide as Harley Davidson now wants to shift their unit to China. Harley Davidson has come under fire, more so due to the fact that neither the Government of Australia nor the Australian Workers Union was consulted before taking such a bold step.

Mr Wayne Hanson, State Secretary, Australian Workers Union, said, "It's disgraceful, but how about the heartless timing for Christ's sake. How would you like your boss to call up and say you haven't got a job just before Christmas? It's heartless."

Read more: http://www.rushlane.com/harley-david...-wheel-manufac...

HarleyGyrene 12-11-2011 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by rydermike (Post 9132201)
A total of 212 people have lost their jobs in Adelaide as Harley Davidson now wants to shift their unit to China.

WTF ? Screw you Willie G ! So much for the "Made in America" slogan. Glad I have older iron in my stable and would not even think about a newer bike. Between this BS and the no discounted/internet sales policy, it makes a guy wonder where this company is heading !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stiggy 12-11-2011 12:13 PM

People think this Mr Wendell is God's gift to stockholders, ( and received a 6 million bonus dollar bonus last year for turning HD around,) but at what cost?

And you guys wonder why you can't get any help from Customer Service when a Dealer screws you?

Kool Aid refills anyone?

rydermike 12-11-2011 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by Stiggy (Post 9132270)
People think this Mr Wendell is God's gift to stockholders, ( and received a 6 million bonus dollar bonus last year for turning HD around,) but at what cost?

And you guys wonder why you can't get any help from Customer Service when a Dealer screws you?

Kool Aid refills anyone?

You have that right ! I got a call from Orlando HD offering deals and a gift card with any service this month , I've never bought a bike over there , just some parts and stuff. Then she asks me about my interest in trading my 07 Ultra in for a new bike and what great offer's they are making , when I said I'll pass she asked when I planned on making my next new HD purchase .... told her NEVER ! After the not backing the warranty of the one I have for recurring clutch problem I would rather buy a gold wing new !!! More likely , if I need to I'll just buy aftermarket frame and build from there if need be.

KBFXDLI 12-11-2011 12:20 PM

Well if you guys were real American Bikers you would get rid of those Harleys and buy other bikes in protest.....:icon_laugh:

Willie G knows you guys are hooked...and the new CEO is from Johnson Controls so he will be moving much more to China.

Stiggy 12-11-2011 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by KBFXDLI (Post 9132286)
Well if you guys were real American Bikers you would get rid of those Harleys and buy other bikes in protest.....:icon_laugh:

Willie G knows you guys are hooked...and the new CEO is from Johnson Controls so he will be moving much more to China.

You're right. Victory has been looking better every time I glance at one.

firefighter616 12-11-2011 12:33 PM

I feel kinda bad
the pelosis, Reids, all the greenie
medical dope selling, tree phaggots enablers are giving this country away and have been since the 60s.
it takes a village to raise a child, my arse

TXCOMMISH 12-11-2011 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by KBFXDLI (Post 9132286)
the new CEO is from Johnson Controls

:icon_playing: Well, there's ur problem, right there.

KWC6 12-11-2011 12:37 PM

Can I trade my 2011 ultra in at a Victory dealership?

HarleyGyrene 12-11-2011 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by Stiggy (Post 9132296)
You're right. Victory has been looking better every time I glance at one.

Saw a ton of Victorys this summer while out and about: many customized. Is there a strong aftermarket supply for these bikes ?? Have never been on one, but may try a test ride ......:icon_rolleyes: