General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jireh cycles !!!!! Avoid !!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2013, 06:24 PM
JW1200
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 20,866 Likes on 8,236 Posts

I aint never had a problem with them....................................

Old 04-01-2013, 08:18 PM
Gypsylady
-Moderator-"Wench with a Wrench and Queen of Quips"
Received 1,980 Likes on 755 Posts

Originally Posted by BigBored
THEY SIMPLY DO NOT KNOW THEIR PARTS, nor does their software provide adequate information with all model applications. It appears to be a LOT of guess work, and customers pay the price if they are wrong! I first found their products on eBay and was surprised at the prices they was offering, however they didnt have the starter listed I needed so I did a Google search and found a contact number. Spoke to a lady and told her I needed a starter and mine was worn out. I told her what kind of bike I had and that the motor was modified, she suggested I use the big 2.0kw Ultima Thunderfire rather than the stock 1.4. I thought Hell Yea! In order for the larger starter to work she informed me that I would be required to buy an additional part (oil filler spacer). I placed the order and didnt want to use my credit card so I requested a invoice and when the invoice arrived via email I decided to pay with PAYPAL so I could take advantage of a promotional offer of NO interest and NO payments for 6 months when you spend $99 or more. PAID......and waited for about 1-1/2 weeks and heard nothing. So I emailed them checking the status of the transaction, they replied within a few days & said it should be going out that day......the package then arrived in about 2-3 days. When I opened it, it had greasy fingerprints all over it (chrome plated). I took it to the garage and attempted to install it.....well it was too long and HIT THE FRAME! I immediately called them, she couldnt find anything in the system. I explained to her the purchase was recently made and paid with PayPal. She said "oh, well thats why"; "I cant do Anything with that becasue you paid with PayPal, you will have to contact the eBay side of Jireh, they handle all of those transactions." I told her I didnt buy it from eBay, she said it didnt matter and PayPal transactions was completely out of their hands. The only contact for Jireh/ebay is email, NO PHONE #. She gave me the return information and I included a note in the return box requesting the items be replaced with the standard 1.4kw stater. Here's the sh*t.... Jireh WILL NOT cover the return postage! I had to pay $28 to return a product they said would work on my bike. That was NO fault of mine they shipped me something that was not compatible with my application! I waited almost another week AFTER the tracking info showed the item return had been accepted, I heard NOTHING once again. I started emailing them wanting to know what was going on, even provided my phone number on the note I had put in the box so that if there was any questions or need to contact me they could do so......after several emails with absolutely no response, I told them if they wasnt going to respond or replace my items with the correct starter they could just refund my purchase and it was the next day after I opened a claim through PayPal they issued me a refund.....minus the $28 return shipping I had to pay. I would have been better off paying the extra money and buying new from the dealership! My First and LAST experience with Jireh no matter how good the prices are.
How long did it take you to dig up a two year old post for your very first rant? Bet yer Momma's proud.

Old 04-02-2013, 11:34 AM
scoteh
Club Member
Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

Twisted, Jireh and Midwest are close to being in the same town, but not quite. Jireh is in Festus, and Midwest is in Pevely. I know that is a big "whatever"!
I have bought from them a number of times and have never had a problem, other than they are a bit on the slow side once in a while. I can wait if I am saving dough.

Old 04-02-2013, 03:29 PM
Then Came Bronson
Grand HDF Member

Received 1,831 Likes on 712 Posts

I just bought an Ultima programmable ignition kit from Jireh (on ebay) for my FXR. It was a hell of a deal at $154…I'll let you know what I think when I receive it.

Old 04-02-2013, 05:27 PM
hdgzr
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,869 Likes on 595 Posts

I've been buying from Jireh off and on since '99; never had as issue.

Old 04-02-2013, 09:04 PM
85RoadsterXLS
Road Master
Received 46 Likes on 24 Posts

Only bought a few items, but no problems. So far!

Old 04-03-2013, 12:31 AM
PanHeadRich
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 65 Likes on 53 Posts

I've made several purchases from them as well. I've been totally impressed with the customer service I got from them. Also highly impressed with the quality of their products, especially at the prices. I'll keep buying from them as long as I keep getting great products, service & prices.

Old 04-04-2013, 12:45 PM
rideflhr
Road Captain
Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

I have placed several orders with Jireh over the years. No problems ,good prices,helpful people.

Old 04-09-2013, 11:52 AM
BigBored
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Gypsy........

Originally Posted by Gypsylady
How long did it take you to dig up a two year old post for your very first rant? Bet yer Momma's proud.
Hate to sound even dumber......but what does a "two year old post" mean. This was my very first (and last) purchase with Jireh Cycles and it wasnt TWO years ago. Im happy for you and everyone else who has had a great buying experience with them......I DIDNT, and was simply sharing my opinion with those who have asked! There was no need for your rude remarks, You dont know me!

Old 04-09-2013, 01:53 PM
Then Came Bronson
Grand HDF Member

Received 1,831 Likes on 712 Posts

Originally Posted by Then Came Bronson
I just bought an Ultima programmable ignition kit from Jireh (on ebay) for my FXR. It was a hell of a deal at $154…I'll let you know what I think when I receive it.
Well, the Ultima ignition was sitting on my doorstep in three days. It looks brand new to me, in the original packaging. I'm happy with Jireh.

Quick Reply: Jireh cycles !!!!! Avoid !!!!!