General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H-D Painted Parts Delivery Time?

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2011, 06:46 PM
StreetGeezer
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default H-D Painted Parts Delivery Time?

Looking for some input here. Long story short, I got hit a month ago by a car turning into my lane. Of course, she never saw me, at least not until I was on the ground. Anyway, front fairing, fender and left saddlebag are the painted pieces getting replaced and the dealer reports it might be 30 to 45 days before they come in.

Soooo, my question is, does it really take that long? Has anyone else gone through this type of repair and have some input on turnaround time to get your bike back?

Man, it took over two weeks just to get my head straight enough to get the bike over to the dealer then they started last week ordering parts. I don't know if I can go another month without riding Somebody please tell me I'll get her back sooner

Old 12-20-2011, 06:53 PM
HD Jim
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It took 38 days for the MoCo paint shop to paint and send to my dealer a front fender for my silver/black anniversary Heritage Softtail Classic.... Never thought I'd see a $400 fender!

The lady claimed her foot slipped off her brake pedal and she blew through a stop light!
Fender trashed...right leather saddlebag trashed... new full face helmet trashed.. broken right wrist... Her insurance tried like hell not to pay.. but wound up paying in full plus hospital bills...down time from work etc:

Old 12-20-2011, 06:56 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,187 Likes on 2,454 Posts

depends on the color. if it's vivid black, you'll probably get them back sooner. if it's another color, then you'll have to wait until that color comes up in rotation. i would say 30-45 days could be conservative.

good luck

Old 12-20-2011, 07:00 PM
StreetGeezer
Tourer

Originally Posted by HD Jim
It took 38 days for the MoCo paint shop to paint and send to my dealer a front fender for my silver/black anniversary Heritage Softtail Classic.... Never thought I'd see a $400 fender!

The lady claimed her foot slipped off her brake pedal and she blew through a stop light!
Fender trashed...right leather saddlebag trashed... new full face helmet trashed.. broken right wrist... Her insurance tried like hell not to pay.. but wound up paying in full plus hospital bills...down time from work etc:
Thanks HD - that's the input I was looking for. Not wanting to hear but looking for. GEICO is going after the insurance company for payment right now. I only spent one day in hospital since I got lucky and didn't break anything. Just blacked out when I stood up trying to get out of there after being x-rayed from head to toe. Then they took me in for a brain scan and found some bleeding, oh well... Been thinking about going for the lost day of work but haven't done so yet.

Old 12-20-2011, 07:02 PM
Toypuller
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 4,879 Likes on 1,492 Posts

I have Flame Blue Pearl on my 2010 RK.

I got hit June 20th.

Parts took about 70 days to get together.

Some were ready sooner, but the longest were over 2 months.

Got the bike back Sept 1st.

Old 12-20-2011, 07:04 PM
rdrunner
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Front fender replacement for my 11 RGUCVO approx 3-4 months....according to my dealer.

Old 12-20-2011, 07:05 PM
Toypuller
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 4,879 Likes on 1,492 Posts

Originally Posted by StreetGeezer
Thanks HD - that's the input I was looking for. Not wanting to hear but looking for. GEICO is going after the insurance company for payment right now. I only spent one day in hospital since I got lucky and didn't break anything. Just blacked out when I stood up trying to get out of there after being x-rayed from head to toe. Then they took me in for a brain scan and found some bleeding, oh well... Been thinking about going for the lost day of work but haven't done so yet.
After dealing with the insurance crap I went through, I have one piece of advise.

Lawyer up and sue the F*** out of them. Don't trust your company or theirs.

Old 12-20-2011, 09:01 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 47,919 Likes on 17,474 Posts

5 weeks isn't bad , average is 3 months . The moco does service or repair replacement parts in lump batches not individual orders as they come in . Delivery time depends on where & when your stuff gets enter into the cycle and colors & style needed . More popular current models will be a little quicker , older stuff can a lot longer because the sheetmetal has to be stamped out they don't keep a big warehouse full of this stuff sitting around . All of this has to be scheduled in around the regular production , hence the big time lags .

Old 12-20-2011, 09:10 PM
funnythebunny
Tourer

I ordered a king tour pack for my scarlet red SG; it took 9 weeks, and even though I stated that no antenna is to be drilled and mounted, they did it anyways. The dealer told me that he can reorder it (and wait another 9 weeks) or give me $100 credit. I took the credit, as I had lost my patience and most of my hair...

I ordered a replacement front fender for my wife's Deluxe with a factory two-tone paint job and it took 6 weeks.

I must assume that factory parts take less time than catalogue parts and accesories...

Old 12-20-2011, 09:39 PM
cdestuck
Supporter

Received 211 Likes on 101 Posts

Took 8 weeks for most of my SE Ultra painted stuff to come in but a year ago my tour pak cracked and one came in in less than a week. Guess they do have some stuff sitting around but they tell ya to expect the worse.

Quick Reply: H-D Painted Parts Delivery Time?