General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

favorite piece of gear

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2012, 02:01 PM
alanmoser
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question favorite piece of gear

Ok so as a relatively new rider I've spent a lot of time looking at all sorts of motorcycle gear websites.

So my question is what is your favorite piece of gear that you can't go without. helmets, cameras, and gps systms aside.

Thanks in advance.

Alan

Old 02-09-2012, 02:14 PM
Big D Harley
Cruiser

My favorite piece of gear is my Gerbling heated gloves. We don't have much winter here but it makes riding in the cold bearable. I probably have 6 or so pairs of winter gloves and below 45 degrees or so my fingers always got cold. Now they don't. Got the socks also but I haven't need them yet. Keeps me riding when I see no one else on the road.

Old 02-09-2012, 02:18 PM
Seabee Son
Advanced

Two pair (clear and tinted) padded glasses. Wearing contact lenses, these are a must have.

Old 02-09-2012, 02:22 PM
hagger
Banned
Received 56 Likes on 33 Posts

My Harley logoed fingerless gloves.

Old 02-09-2012, 02:40 PM
lo-rider
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Old 02-09-2012, 02:41 PM
artz
Road Master

uhhhh...... my motorcycle ?

Old 02-09-2012, 02:49 PM
nc883
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My boots. Not sure why, just feel like the weight of the world is gone when I slip them on cause the rest of my body knows whats comin' next!

Old 02-09-2012, 03:21 PM
yandeltx
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

My black high top Chuck Taylor Converse.

Old 02-09-2012, 03:23 PM
jeffreydsilver
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 163 Likes on 112 Posts
Default Goggles

Originally Posted by Seabee Son
Two pair (clear and tinted) padded glasses. Wearing contact lenses, these are a must have.
My Harley photo grey sunglass/goggles. Wear them ALL the time (when riding), day or night! A little pricey but more than worth it.

Old 02-09-2012, 03:26 PM
LA VIC
Road Master
Received 43 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by alanmoser
Ok so as a relatively new rider I've spent a lot of time looking at all sorts of motorcycle gear websites.

So my question is what is your favorite piece of gear that you can't go without. helmets, cameras, and gps systms aside.

Thanks in advance.

Alan
If you haven't been there yet check out www.revzilla.com. Huge amount of gear plus videos and customer reviews. As far as gear I like and won't part with:

Held Airstream gloves. If you want a full fingered glove that offers great protection and comfort for warm to hot weather this is it.

British Motorcycle Gear (BMG) Montana jacket. Conservatively styled leather jacket. Removable zip out fleece vest. Has CE armor in the shoulders and elbows. The great thing is it doesn't look like it from the outside. You don't look like Robo cop when you climb off your bike and walk into a restaurant. Very well made and the leather is plenty thick as well as being super soft. Zero break in required. The first time you slip it on you feel like you'd been wearing it for years.

Rev'it Sirocco jacket. I'm a traditionalist and grew up on leather jackets. After almost 35 years of street riding I broke down and tried the high tech approach 2 years ago. Why? Because after 6 months of jockeying schedules a group of friends and I were taking a 10 day trip out west. With potential temperatures between 40F and 90F and possible rain I wanted one jacket to pack along. The jacket worked great.With 2 removable liners, one thermal the other wind/water it performed flawlessly. The liners don't have much bulk which is a plus. I know you can make leather work in all cases. Add layers under it and rain coats over it. Been there done that. But when it comes to comfort and convenience over a wide range of conditions modern textile gear can't be beat.

Quick Reply: favorite piece of gear