General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gerbings Heated Gear Online Discount Sellers?

Old 01-02-2012, 06:48 AM
TORQUEY
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 175 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by Talldog
Looking for an online Gerbing's dealer that sells at a discount and takes Paypal.

I just can't bring myself to pay MSRP and I've got some money sitting in the Paypal account I'd like to use for payment.

Anyone?

Thanks
Originally Posted by carlgrover
http://heatedclothingoutlet.com/index.shtml

I just bought a pair of heated overpants for $150. They list for $300. They don't have everything all the time but at certain times of the year you can get a bargain. Bought several items from this site.
Originally Posted by p51bombay
That's fine if you don't mind seconds and or the older (non microwire) technology.

The bold statements above say it all. My solution was to buy the HD gear, made by Gerbings, at 20+% off of MSRP on line. I got the hybrid jacket, pants liner, and gloves, along with the 2 zone thermostat controller.

Old 01-30-2012, 02:57 PM
Shawrco
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Heated Clothing Outlet

Originally Posted by TORQUEY
The bold statements above say it all. My solution was to buy the HD gear, made by Gerbings, at 20+% off of MSRP on line. I got the hybrid jacket, pants liner, and gloves, along with the 2 zone thermostat controller.
Actually the gloves I just attempted to order are the newer micro-wire and the dual controller is first line merchandise, not a second. Can't rely on the website inventory status though, were supposed to be in stock, but only found out they weren't when I emailed and asked why I hadn't heard from them. And, this is obviously their peak demand season. I'm gonna' try Tracy at Grand Prix MS...

Old 01-30-2012, 04:45 PM
knewt5
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Call Doug at American Trikes and Motorsports in Keene NH. They are running a "buy one get one half off", till the end of the month

223 Winchester Street Keene, NH 03431
(603) 354-7740

Tell him Kevin Newton referred you on the HD Forum.

Last edited by knewt5; 01-30-2012 at 04:52 PM.
Old 01-30-2012, 06:07 PM
dyna rider
Club Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by TORQUEY
Actually, Harley marks Gerbing gear up about 20%, so you paid about what you can buy it from directly from Gerbing. I checked the prices from both places and figured that out.

Old 01-31-2012, 08:45 AM
fat_tony
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 168 Likes on 136 Posts

Heated gear has become a "hot" commodity recently and as a result there is a lot more competition in this category than there was even 2 years ago. Gerbings was first to market so they have built a name for themselves but they are not the only maker of heated gear anymore with AlpineStars and other big name manufactures joining the market. Tourmaster make budget heated gear at a lower price point and Powerlet and Warm&Safe make heated gear that is the equal if not better than Gerbings in some regards. The slightly more expensive Powerlet heated liner was recently selected heated gear product of the year by Revzilla who also sell Gerbings. I have Gerbings and am happy with it but if I was going to purchase again now I would not hesitate to consider another brand like Warm&Safe or Powerlett either.

Last edited by fat_tony; 01-31-2012 at 08:49 AM.