General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ordered the leather jacket from China...

Old 01-02-2012, 04:23 PM
Clutch70
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by masterblaster
Go there 4 - 5 times a year, they have almost everything we have here, not as much though. Most popular place in China, KFC, yep Kentucky Fried Chicken, once seen 500 or more (maybe even a 1000) people at KFC in a train station at lunch time, it was massive. Most of the stuff you get from Wally World and many other places (HD) comes from there. Hell half your social security check will be coming from there soon. We are fkd up, our politicians sold us out and we keep voting the same bastages back in. You will be fine with your order, if not the guy will be out of business soon, they are incompetent at times but not really thieves, they will go to jail for stealng, no cable TV in the jails over there.
+1 on that

Old 01-02-2012, 04:38 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 47,778 Likes on 17,441 Posts

Originally Posted by Vins
KFC = Kentucky Fried Cat?!
Possibly , I noticed one big glaring fact our time in Beijing I saw nothing alive in that city that wasn't on two legs . No bird's , cat's , dog's hell not even bugs , nothing . It all goes into a wok if they can catch it .

Old 01-02-2012, 04:40 PM
Fat Cat
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Go there 4 - 5 times a year, they have almost everything we have here, not as much though. Most popular place in China, KFC, yep Kentucky Fried Chicken, once seen 500 or more (maybe even a 1000) people at KFC in a train station at lunch time, it was massive. Most of the stuff you get from Wally World and many other places (HD) comes from there. Hell half your social security check will be coming from there soon. We are fkd up, our politicians sold us out and we keep voting the same bastages back in. You will be fine with your order, if not the guy will be out of business soon, they are incompetent at times but not really thieves, they will go to jail for stealng, no cable TV in the jails over there.
you're right!...some folks don't believe they'll see it in their life time but it's here already, just in small doses for the moment

Old 01-02-2012, 05:17 PM
phillyrube
Road Warrior

I wonder if the Harley lawyers that wander around during various biker events will start checking labels to make sure your jacket is "approved".

I am wearing a 1997 issue Harley varsity jacket, all leather. Just had the 3rd set of cuffs sewn into it. Thick, warm, sharp!

Old 01-02-2012, 05:32 PM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 258 Likes on 100 Posts

No not really, cat is usually done up Cantonese style, tastes better that way. As far as critters not being around you will see that in lots of countries that had famine in the lifetime of those still alive, China has had many in the last 80 years most recent in 1975. If you go to certain countries in Central American, you will not see big Iguanas, just small fast ones, once they get big enough they get eaten, not from starvation, just tradition I think..

Originally Posted by Vins
KFC = Kentucky Fried Cat?!

Old 01-02-2012, 05:48 PM
90fxstBill
Novice

Might as well order up your jacket straight from China! Save the huge markup! My genuine h-d fxrg jacket cost close to $800 from the local stealer, and its made in CHINA! By the way, its also a piece of crap, had to replace the zipper and the kindney belt ripped after a month!

Old 01-02-2012, 05:56 PM
trozenhorse
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you gotta update us when you get the jacket!

Old 01-02-2012, 05:58 PM
shore
Stellar HDF Member
Received 95 Likes on 69 Posts

why no paypal?

Old 01-02-2012, 06:29 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 47,778 Likes on 17,441 Posts

No not really, cat is usually done up Cantonese style, tastes better that way. As far as critters not being around you will see that in lots of countries that had famine in the lifetime of those still alive, China has had many in the last 80 years most recent in 1975. If you go to certain countries in Central American, you will not see big Iguanas, just small fast ones, once they get big enough they get eaten, not from starvation, just tradition I think..
Been in a number of places some in here can't even pronounce well off the beaten path all round the world , my dime too not uncle Sams little get get together's . Been to south american and had mexican tree rat ( Iguana ) before that is the nastiest thing I've had the misfortune put on my tongue . As for the China famine thing I honestly believe eat anything you can catch is a common cultural thing in all Asian countries in that area , Japan being a bit more cultured about it as an exception .

Even when I went deep in country in Papua New Guinea for the Sago worm festival when the deep woods tribes get together on neutral ground they had more refined eating habits than the damn Chinese or any other " nese "county in that area I've been in .

Old 01-02-2012, 06:53 PM
Nirvana
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by kiwideuce
the jacket would probably come from the same factory that makes the jackets for the harley dealerships
LOL! Absolutely true. They'll make your jacket at night, the ones for HD during the day.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ordered the leather jacket from China...