General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another stealer headache

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2005, 09:19 PM
dirtnap664
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another stealer headache

Had an appt. today for 1,000 mile service. Dropped it off yesterday afternoon because it was easier for me. Called today at 4:30 and they told me the bike wasn't finished yet. Said it will be ready tomorrow. I'm working 12 hrs tomorrow and they're closed on Sun. and Mon.
Now starts the juggle of trying to somehow get the bike picked up tomorrow.

This is the last time the bike is going to the dealer for service. If it wasn't for the fact that the 1,000 mile service is free for me it would never be there. This sucks. [:'(]

Old 07-22-2005, 09:24 PM
HDF Tech
Banned
Received 147 Likes on 41 Posts
Default RE: Another stealer headache

You're better off doing it yourself anyway. Pick up a manual and at least you KNOW everything was done and the proper fluid amounts were added.

Old 07-22-2005, 10:16 PM
Anniesage
Road Master

yea, I know how you feel - I had a similar situation, but not so much in the logistics rather the times. I posted here and the advice I received from everyone here, besides doing it yourself, was to get an actual time committment from them. Saying it will be ready 'tomorrow afternoon' is vauge; 'tomorrow late afternoon" could be anywhere's from 3 pm to 6m. So that is what I have done now - when they go in to the stealer, I tell them that I need it by a certain time (padding it by about 2 hours),and can they honor that and will it be ready.

But then again, it might work, it might now. But it sure lessened my frustration level.

Old 07-23-2005, 12:24 AM
monkyman
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My dealer is good, therefore very busy, I dropped my bike off wednesday and told him i'd pick it up saturday. (I also had stage 1, so that will add a little time) The 1000 mile service is the only one I won't do, only because they know exactly what bolts are prone to loosening and should be checked, as well as any abnormal looking wear on any components. If all looks well, i'll be doing my own after this.

Old 07-23-2005, 03:10 AM
SPRINGER
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,269 Likes on 1,975 Posts

I have been lucky with my dealer. They are always sending me info on what they are planning in the way of rides and fun things to do. They have also been very good when they have serviced my bike. From what I have heard on this forum, too bad more dealerships can't be like mine. I guess that I should feel lucky.

Old 07-23-2005, 01:41 PM
Clammy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,754 Likes on 768 Posts

My 1000 service was smooth. The dealer told me they'd have it ready by the end of the day, and thyey actually called me just after lunch to tell me she was ready to go. On Monday, she goes in to have the handlebar swap and I'm having my fork oil changed to the SE stuff. I also gave them a small list of things I'd like them to look at, and they told me that if I drop the bike off first thing in the morning, they will have it done that day. Cool!

Cheers!
[sm=icon_rock.gif][sm=icon_rock.gif][sm=icon_rock.gif]

Old 07-23-2005, 10:38 PM
dirtnap664
Road Warrior

Finally got it back today. They called around 1 pm saying it was done. Had to get my brother to go pick it up because I was stuck at work. No charge for the 1,000 mile because I bought it from them. Then, they surprised me and didn't charge me for switching to synthetic.

Still not thrilled on their customer service.

Old 07-23-2005, 10:39 PM
pilot1996
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 6 Posts

Glad you got your scoot back. I'd start doing it myself if I was you!

Mac

Old 07-23-2005, 11:24 PM
traveler
Extreme HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Hi,

So far my dealer has been great...I'll let you guys know how the 1K service goes.....I do have to pay for the 1K service, I wish it was free. [&:] IMHO...., go H/D SYN3 on ALL fluids,....Synthetic oil doesn't break down under heat like conventional "dinosaur" oil. I'm sure some of the fellas (TCSTD....)can elaborate on this,...MY ENGINE is already broken in, so ring seal isn't an issue. I don't have an oil cooler, so goin' with the SYN3 at least for me, is the smart move.....

Did you guys know I love my bike?

P.S. if any of 'yall ever end up in North Dakota, go by Dakota Harley Davidson in Minot, these guys (so far...) have been great!!!, Got plenty of '05's left too!

joe

Old 07-24-2005, 06:01 AM
mikeisglidn
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

where the heck are the friendly dealers at......havent seen any around here!!

Quick Reply: Another stealer headache