General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does your dealer do "Customer Appreciation Day?"

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2012, 11:41 AM
BDHABT
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs down Does your dealer do "Customer Appreciation Day?"

Well mine does,on every 2nd Saturday of the month.15% off motorclothes and parts.

So we head down to get rid of our chrome cash,and come to find out,you have to buy 3 items in motorclothes or parts to get the discount.

Before,there wasnt a minimum.I tell you,this dealer seems to push you away,instead of draw you in.The kicker is,the owner has this dealership,one up in Mass,one in Washington state,rumor is that he`s trying to aquire the old Bridgeport HD,and has his eyes set on a local Yamaha/Kawasaki dealer.

I would think he would be dealing like crazy;hells no!!!!!

Good thing I had the certificates,or I would have just dealt with Lakeshore,and got a bigger discount.

Done venting.

Old 01-15-2012, 12:01 PM
ColoHarleyGirl
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Greed is what has put this country in the **** hole it is in. What is wrong with a reasonable profit? No... We want you to bleed green until you have no more money to spend! We as a country have to learn to be more reasonable, both as a business and a consumer.

Old 01-15-2012, 12:08 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,184 Likes on 2,453 Posts

that sucks when they do stupid stuff like that. i've had a dealership tell me that my 10% military discount was not off the total, but only on one item. one item? fine, put the rest of the stuff back, and bought the one thing that i really needed that i went there for in the first place...... your loss, not mine.

as far as chrome cash goes, jon horton from horny toad, pcpain here on the forum, accepts those as well as give you a nice discount.

give him a try next time you need something, jon.horton@hornytoadhd.com

Old 01-15-2012, 12:27 PM
vet767
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Racine Harley, does one at Christmas and one around Independence Day. That one has a good car/bike show along with a band, free food, $.50 beer and 25% off parts, accessories and motorclothes. Their customers appreciate them and vice versa.

Old 01-15-2012, 01:03 PM
DGlide04
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What's a Customer Appreciation Day? I have 4 dealerships within a 1 hr. ride of where I am in NY and I don't think I've ever seen a Customer Appreciation Day at any of them. With that said, my home dealer treats us pretty well all year long, just no special day set aside. The other dealers, while they may appreciate your business, no specials that I've seen.

Old 01-15-2012, 03:36 PM
skootchnc
Grand HDF Member

Received 455 Likes on 245 Posts

a local dealership, pads the MSRP for genuine parts & accessories by 20%... and then offers a 15% discount to his "loyal customers"..... when I point out the difference most of those "loyal customers" get all bent out of shape.... at ME.... I just tell them to print out the data from HD.com, and bring it in with them.

oh... they'll accept the print out, and charge YOU the MSRP price, but the items remain as marked on his wall.

Old 01-15-2012, 05:18 PM
bigdaddy33
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

My local dealer has "Customer Appreciation Day" the 3rd Saturday of each month. It starts with a breakfast run, and they pick up the tab! They also pay for the gas now that it's gotten so expensive.

We then head back to the dealership where they provide a complimentary bike wash, topless no less, to get all the bugs off the bikes.

While we're off on the ride, they set the place up for a concert, bbq and free beer! Pretty sweet! To top it off, we all go inside and pick out any parts and clothes we want, no charge! They even give us $100 gift cards to use during the week!

Yeah, I love my dealer. They're awesome!

Old 01-15-2012, 05:29 PM
FXD_TG
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

We have a couple of HD dealers within relatively close proximity of each other and that seems to be fueling a bit of competitive spirit between the different shops. Well, OK. To be honest one of the shops seems to have been doing a lot customer appreciation / marketing promos for a number of years and another is working hard to match their efforts. However, you end up having to pay attention to the specials. Frankly, they'd do better from me if they just offered up a customer loyalty discount so that we could buy at a discount when we're inspired... not by waiting for specials. If the other two HD dealers were closer I suspect we'd find they also had a lot of frequent specials.

Old 01-15-2012, 05:47 PM
dickey
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,477 Likes on 2,477 Posts

Originally Posted by bigdaddy33
My local dealer has "Customer Appreciation Day" the 3rd Saturday of each month. It starts with a breakfast run, and they pick up the tab! They also pay for the gas now that it's gotten so expensive.

We then head back to the dealership where they provide a complimentary bike wash, topless no less, to get all the bugs off the bikes.

While we're off on the ride, they set the place up for a concert, bbq and free beer! Pretty sweet! To top it off, we all go inside and pick out any parts and clothes we want, no charge! They even give us $100 gift cards to use during the week!

Yeah, I love my dealer. They're awesome!
And then,you woke up!

Old 01-15-2012, 07:34 PM
harleytuner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 216 Likes on 129 Posts

Our shop is not a dealer, but we are an Indy. Every Saturday we have Hogs and dogs. free lunch, beer and pop. Bout once a month in the summer we have a bash, free food, kegs of beer, $5 Dyno runs, bands, a few vendors etc. We offer free primitive camping to anyone during Ohio Bike Week as well. During that time we open up our pavillion bar (Pub 94) and have live entertainment, vendors etc. Real good times. Our customers are great to us, there is no reason not to give a little back.

Quick Reply: Does your dealer do "Customer Appreciation Day?"