General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vendor Question - Head Trip Helmets

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2006, 05:47 AM
Ben U
Default Vendor Question - Head Trip Helmets

I've been looking into a new helmet and found this website. Owner appears to be in Orlando and is called "Head Trip Helmets". Has anyone bought from them? How was your experience and are you satisified with your helmet? They claim to have a DOT certified helmet but I'm wondering if it's truly tested and certified. This is important to me because the military service requires us to wear DOT helmets, otherwise, we will be liable for all medical costs during a line of duty investigation; and this is regardless of the helmet laws of any state.

http://www.carbonfiberhelmets.com/

Thanks in advance.

BTW ... I'm going to make a personal trip to their store next week sometime. If anyone's interested, I'll provide a follow up report.

Old 12-21-2006, 09:36 AM
whaap
Extreme HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Vendor Question - Head Trip Helmets

Ben, I don't have personal experience but I have read many threads here where people have bought them. They say they are DOT approved and that the people who own/run the business are super to deal with.

Old 12-21-2006, 04:59 PM
04harleyboy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: whaap

Ben, I don't have personal experience but I have read many threads here where people have bought them. They say they are DOT approved and that the people who own/run the business are super to deal with.
That is true

Old 12-21-2006, 05:46 PM
dynamike74
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd like a follow up. Those DOT helmets sure look thin! I've thought about getting one of their non DOT lids, but after looking at how thin theirs are, I may go with a DOT one.

Old 12-21-2006, 06:03 PM
UncleDave
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have 2 of their dot helmets. They pass dot no problem and are good quality. I have had mine for 2 years and it still looks new. One of my buddies has had his for 4 years no issues. Their non-dot helmets pass everything exept the puncture test. I would buy from them with no heasitation.

UD

Old 12-21-2006, 07:18 PM
Ben U

I went to their shop during my lunch break. They were very customer oriented and helpful ... they let me try on different helmets with various helmet liners until I got the one that fit me the best. Then they asked me to return after a couple of hours because they were putting my helmet into an oven to complete the custom fit process ... appearently I have on oval head, I always thought it was round!

I returned just before they closed and my helmet was fresh from the oven and fit like a glove. They gave me a total of 20% off (10% for being a walk in and 10% more for military), that completed the sale. [sm=deal.gif] Then they gave me three extra liners ... very nice. They said I could return any time for extra liners or if the fit needed adjustment.

The helmet is very sturdy and light. I got the flat black but the carbon helmets come in various colors and look very professional. I'm very happy with my purchase.