General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New rider and MSF Course.

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2012, 05:38 AM
alonzomerrill
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ghawthorn

Just completed the basic MSF course and man, what a great class! Extremely fun and packed full of great stuff. Also an amazing confidence booster too. To anyone that is new to riding and wary of taking bike out - this course will prepare you! As soon as I got out of the class, I went to DMV and got MC license and went home to do TCLOCS and ride. I chose a route from my house that was really light in traffic and had no problems at all. Obviously, there is no traffic to contend with, but all situations are covered in the class- emergency stops, swerves, figure eights, cornering, weaving. Asa side note, I had my bike for 3 weeks before I was able to ride it. I would go into the garage and stare at it and sit on it until the day came on Friday when I was able to ride it. Take this class! Great, great preparation. G
As per my think MSF course is the best course for newbie who don't know about riding. New rider can learn full riding in short time with all knowledge of emergency stops other more. I want to know that MSF is good for experienced person who is able for riding.

Old 05-21-2012, 10:13 AM
tbills66
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My wife is taking the course in June. She has never ridden a street bike before. She has already got her permit, but is not going to ride anything until the class. Then, I believe will be in the market for another bike.