General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Carlisle Bike Fest

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2012, 05:26 AM
kanelakos
Road Master
Received 43 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Carlisle Bike Fest

Carlisle PA Bike Fest is next week. Just wondering how many from here are going. I will be riding down from upstate NY and stay at a buds house. Looks like lots of fun!

http://www.carsatcarlisle.com/events/bikefest/

Last edited by kanelakos; 07-10-2012 at 05:29 AM. Reason: cant spell
Old 07-10-2012, 08:28 AM
dgdamore
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Looks cool. I'm only about an hour away so I'm there. I've been wanting to check out Gettysburg Battlefield for sometime and it's not far so I'm gonna do both.

Old 07-10-2012, 08:43 AM
norgepa
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I will be there. There's a band playing Saturday night from Baltimore area called "The Charm City Devils" Great music with a mixture of blues, rock and bluegrass. Looking forward to hearing them play live. @ 7pm on Sat.

I am not sure if they still have the swap meet. I am also interested in carrying a few things for cash or trade.

Attached Thumbnails Carlisle Bike Fest-mvc-054s.jpg   Carlisle Bike Fest-visitedstatesmap.jpg  
Old 07-10-2012, 10:44 AM
BiggDogg
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have been going for the last 3 years but unfortunately wont be this year cuz I'm getting married soon and all the weekends are filled with wedding stuff. it's good but don't forget that Carlisle is a Dry town. so bring your beers with you cuz the only ones you will find are in the restaurants and they will let you buy 6 packs from them but its expensive. there is one shopping center in town (i think wegmans) that sells 6 packs, and all the beer stops only sell beer by the case and that's hard when your on a bike. That is if your interested in staying overnight and wanting to drink around the pool of the motel you stay at just like we like too)

Old 07-10-2012, 11:13 AM
Lo 1
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BiggDogg
I have been going for the last 3 years but unfortunately wont be this year cuz I'm getting married soon and all the weekends are filled with wedding stuff. it's good but don't forget that Carlisle is a Dry town. so bring your beers with you cuz the only ones you will find are in the restaurants and they will let you buy 6 packs from them but its expensive. there is one shopping center in town (i think wegmans) that sells 6 packs, and all the beer stops only sell beer by the case and that's hard when your on a bike. That is if your interested in staying overnight and wanting to drink around the pool of the motel you stay at just like we like too)
Dude, Carlisle is not a dry town. There are plenty of bars and beer distributors in town. You can buy warm or cold. If you want wine or liquor then you have to go to the state store and there are 2 in town.

Old 07-10-2012, 11:53 AM
SJ12DS
Tourer
Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

Well I can walk to bike fest here. I buy my alcohol at the baracks so that is not an issue.

This will be my first year being that I just moved here.

Should be fun.

Old 07-10-2012, 12:11 PM
BiggDogg
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Lo 1
Dude, Carlisle is not a dry town. There are plenty of bars and beer distributors in town. You can buy warm or cold. If you want wine or liquor then you have to go to the state store and there are 2 in town.
Every store we go to doesnt sell 6 packs, just cases (like a 30 pack box) at the liquor (beer stop) store or we could buy beers to take home from the many bars. your convienient stores didnt have any beer. I was told by the guy working at one of those beer drive through spots that it was dry. even if it isn't "dry" they sure make it hard to buy some beer for your hotel room. 3 years of stopping at stores to get some beer so I don't have to bring some from home. we only found a grocery store (like a wegmans or something) that sold beer by the smaller packs and individual. Guy shopping their said they have some special deal with the town.
Or maybe everyone lying. I don't know. These 2 posts make me seem like a raging alcoholic lol

Last edited by BiggDogg; 07-10-2012 at 12:13 PM.
Old 07-10-2012, 02:58 PM
iupsig97
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Right, that isn't just Carlisle but all of PA. You can buy 6 packs from bars, or go to a beer distributor where you have to buy by the case. No buying beer from gas stations or grocery stores like a lot of other states. Liquor/wine from the state store only.

Old 07-10-2012, 03:23 PM
kanelakos
Road Master
Received 43 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by dgdamore
Looks cool. I'm only about an hour away so I'm there. I've been wanting to check out Gettysburg Battlefield for sometime and it's not far so I'm gonna do both.
Gettysburg bike week this weekend. Your are only an hour away, I would check out both.... two weekends in a row!
http://www.gettysburgbikeweek.com/

Originally Posted by BiggDogg
Congrats on your getting married soon. Hope the woman likes to ride!

Old 07-10-2012, 06:02 PM
h2o
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I didn't go last year but I probably will be there this year.

Quick Reply: Carlisle Bike Fest