Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   General Harley Davidson Chat (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/general-harley-davidson-chat-29/)
-   -   Losing interest ?? (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/general-harley-davidson-chat/78922-losing-interest.html)

Stretchman 01-16-2007 12:52 AM

Losing interest ??

Have you ever thought to yourself that maybe you're just getting tired of riding? I know, it sounds weird, but lately, I can't bring myself to get excited about the ride anymore. Been riding 8 years on Harleys, got probably 60 thousand plus miles on them, and have the ability to ride year round in South Florida. But lately, I don't know, just don't seem to have any motivation to get on the scooter.

I have another bike as well, a Buell, and it's weird. I just don't feel at all like riding. I used to be on the bike every chance I had. Never needed any excuses to ride. Now I find myself making excuses not to. Is it like a 7 year itch or something?

I know there's people here who have been ridin g a lot longer than I have. Is it normal to go through this?Or am I done?

Stretch
Quit cigs 1W 4D 19h 52m ago. So far saved $70.96, 473 cigs not smoked and counting ...

T Tommyt 01-16-2007 01:13 AM

RE: Losing interest ??

You should seek Medical help :)
And not as a joke you make have a drop in something or what ever

Is it like a 7 year itch or something
midlife ??

SpeedsterX 01-16-2007 01:20 AM

Let's be honest.

Maybe you're just growing out of the interest in riding. Maybe find something else of interest.

I am NOT going to put you down for a lost interest in riding BUT I do think after you've been away from it for a season, your interest might peak up again so I would at least keep one of the rides for a couple of years before you forego the whole thing.

You live once and no matter what your interests,,,ENJOY YOUR LIFE!!!

Good luck and I wish you the best!:D:D

badherb 01-16-2007 01:35 AM

go to the DR. and get prozac.... it can only be depression![sm=dontgetit.gif]

Crushertx3 01-16-2007 01:37 AM

it's to late it has already got in your blood you will never get it out of your system even if you sell the bikes now you will always miss riding them just some times you have to take a break try staying off for over a month then you will be jonesing for a ride

Dallastx 01-16-2007 03:27 AM

My dad is 73 and still rides.

txfxstrider 01-16-2007 03:30 AM

You will get it back. I have gone thru the same thing.

Heritage07 01-16-2007 07:39 AM

Went through the same thing. I owned my Sporty for 7 years and sold it my brother and thought I was done. I talked myself into being done! I finally realised that my problem was I never had the right bike for me and my riding style.I originally wanted a Heritage in 1990 but could not afford it. A year and a half agomy friend at work bought a Heritage and he let me ride it. I never realized how much I missed riding, so for the next year I scaped every penny I could for a decent down payment.

I know have the right bike for me and I ride it every chance I can. What every you do don't sell your bike, unless you want something else, once it's in your blood you will regret not riding big time!

monkyman 01-16-2007 07:55 AM

Maybe you need to move up north here, the winter gives you a break, and you appreciate the riding weather when it finally arrives.

I went through the same thing a few years ago, sold my bike. After a couple of years of seeing everyone else on theirs I got the itch again.;)

Crankshaft 01-16-2007 07:57 AM

I lost the urge to ride last year after 35 years, but I had only ever ridden Japanese super sport machines. When I bought my Harley all of the enthusiasm returned and some more. Using this as a template my cure for this problem is buy a new Harley!:D