General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Langlitz Leathers

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2012, 09:34 AM
hoethree
Elite HDF Member
Received 68 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by aaamax
Way over rated. period. Nothing wrong with them, just twice the price of what they should be. IF you have money to blow and want the name, then by all means. But there are MANY other heavy-duty brands out there that are just as good. I especially don't dig the OP's obvious want to have everyone love this brand. Smells like a shill albeit an overzealous shill for the company.
And YES, I have owned several Langlitz leathers over the years all of which I sold at various times on ebay. Every single one of the listings I had got a flag and a demand from Langlitz to verify their authenticity. How Langlitz has some kind of agreement with ebay to hassle sellers of their bsecondhand wares is beyond me. But I will say that the attitude of the people I had correspondences with at Langlitz was not much unlike our caffeinated friend here. But I'm sure that their salesman are all real nice. lol.
Funny that you dont mention even ONE of those "other heay duty" brands.
Sounds like you got hassled for some reason by LANGLITZ for selling leather jackets on Ebay claiming them to be Langlitz.

Old 09-21-2012, 10:09 AM
brenn
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by FricFrac
If you've never had em then wtf do you have to say. Didn't ask if your cheap *** could afford leathers or maybe you ride in the heat all the time.. I don't and you wear your clothes under your gear. What ever it is.
You seem a little tense about it.

You asked if they are worth the money. "Nothing is worth that much" is an answer to that question. I thought you rich suburban guys rode a BMW with matching leather suits, anyhow.

Old 09-21-2012, 10:13 AM
aaamax
Road Captain
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by hoethree
Funny that you dont mention even ONE of those "other heay duty" brands.
Sounds like you got hassled for some reason by LANGLITZ for selling leather jackets on Ebay claiming them to be Langlitz.
Really? YOu need a list of other quality leathers?
Vanson
Lewis Leathers
Schott
Even Harley leathers before they were made over seas. The list goes on.

Are you seriously implying that I was selling fake leathers? Rather immature behavior for an adult on a civilized forum like HDforums. The main purpose as I see it is to share, inform and discuss with fellow enthusiast. I have first hand knowledge of this company in question and I think it beneficial for fellow riders to see an alternate view instead of all the gushing that was going on. Personal attacks are just babyish. However, that being said… blow me.

Old 09-22-2012, 09:10 AM
hoethree
Elite HDF Member
Received 68 Likes on 20 Posts

Edited by Admin - Grover

Let's keep things civil.

Old 09-22-2012, 10:03 AM
HrdNox
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 213 Likes on 183 Posts

What I just don’t get is the people who scoff about the price.But, I know it’s hard to say “I can’t afford it”. If nothing else be thankful that the Co.has not caved like so many others here in the states.Some willingly and some not.

Old 09-22-2012, 02:47 PM
davessworks
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

The real reason to buy Langlitz is for the custom fit - that's what you're paying for along with a made in the USA feel good factor and knowing that the people that make these are paid enough to pay income tax. If you can buy an off the rack jacket and have it fit you well enough then I say go for it (just get good quality leather). (I own Langlitz pants and jacket in goat hide and previously was never satisfied with the fit of other vendors).

By the way - before you assume that say, Vanson, is made in the USA you might want to double check. They (and likely others) are now making a significant (not all) number of their jackets overseas.

I e-mailed them in 2009 and asked them and they were very polite about it:
"vanson is no longer entirely made in USA. we have a plant in el salvador and about 80% of our standard stuff is now made there."

It bothers me that the starting price of a Langlitz might now be $1300 tho'. That's siginificantly more than I paid for my goatskin and goatskin is a mark up.

Last edited by davessworks; 09-22-2012 at 05:24 PM.
Old 09-22-2012, 03:54 PM
davessworks
Outstanding HDF Member

Way over rated. period. Nothing wrong with them, just twice the price of what they should be. IF you have money to blow and want the name, then by all means. But there are MANY other heavy-duty brands out there that are just as good. I especially don't dig the OP's obvious want to have everyone love this brand. Smells like a shill albeit an overzealous shill for the company.
And YES, I have owned several Langlitz leathers over the years all of which I sold at various times on ebay. Every single one of the listings I had got a flag and a demand from Langlitz to verify their authenticity. How Langlitz has some kind of agreement with ebay to hassle sellers of their secondhand wares is beyond me. But I will say that the attitude of the people I had correspondences with at Langlitz was not much unlike our caffeinated friend here. But I'm sure that their salesman are all real nice. lol.
Dude - Portland's 3 hours from me so I've dropped in on the shop multiple times and know the people. Personally - I think you're talking out your ***. Meanwhile . . . whereabouts in Sweden are you? Been there a few times too. Interesting country. Note entirely sure I'd want to live there tho'.

Old 09-22-2012, 04:31 PM
Twistnride
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Question

And YES, I have owned several Langlitz leathers over the years all of which I sold at various times on ebay. Every single one of the listings I had got a flag and a demand from Langlitz to verify their authenticity. How Langlitz has some kind of agreement with ebay to hassle sellers of their secondhand wares is beyond me. But I will say that the attitude of the people I had correspondences with at Langlitz was not much unlike our caffeinated friend here. But I'm sure that their salesman are all real nice. lol.
What a cheesedick. Langlitz jackets are serial numbered,have been for decades now.They look out for their customers,as their jackets are highly prized,and stolen on occasion.That's why you got red-flagged.Your bullshit claims of "having owned several Langlitz leathers over the years" rings a little hollow in light of your other bullshit observation about them being "way over rated". Such a savy buyer wouldn't buy one in the first place, if that were true.Go gobble some Euro-trash sclong.
Originally Posted by brenn
You seem a little tense about it.

You asked if they are worth the money. "Nothing is worth that much" is an answer to that question. I thought you rich suburban guys rode a BMW with matching leather suits, anyhow.
Oh yeah, you got a lot to talk about. Wearing the gay black and orange ensemble with the poser vest. Anything you can't afford "just ain't worth that much" from what I've seen.Guns,scoots,leathers,just so much garbage,if YOU don't own it. Bet none of the guys above,who actually own Langlitz gear,is rich. They just won't settle for crap,and you will.

Old 09-22-2012, 04:48 PM
davessworks
Outstanding HDF Member

Hmm - I know mine are supposed to have a number/my name printed inside but I ordered a leather lined pocket in place of the cloth and I think that resulted in the s/n / name not being included.

Old 09-22-2012, 04:50 PM
Dixie Dreg
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Twistnride
What a cheesedick. Langlitz jackets are serial numbered,have been for decades now.They look out for their customers,as their jackets are highly prized,and stolen on occasion.That's why you got red-flagged.Your bullshit claims of "having owned several Langlitz leathers over the years" rings a little hollow in light of your other bullshit observation about them being "way over rated". Such a savy buyer wouldn't buy one in the first place, if that were true.Go gobble some Euro-trash sclong.

Oh yeah, you got a lot to talk about. Wearing the gay black and orange ensemble with the poser vest. Anything you can't afford "just ain't worth that much" from what I've seen.Guns,scoots,leathers,just so much garbage,if YOU don't own it. Bet none of the guys above,who actually own Langlitz gear,is rich. They just won't settle for crap,and you will.
+1, so Schott is no longer made in the USA?

Quick Reply: Langlitz Leathers