General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

choosing between lowrider and deuce

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2012, 05:27 AM
kiwideuce
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 115 Likes on 86 Posts

get the deuce!! it would be a 95" not a 96" did they do cams as well? i have 95" with andrews cams!! goes good

Old 08-24-2012, 06:31 AM
brenn
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by jrgreene1968
thanks ..i dont have any pics yet, They are both carbed. The bikes are 3 hr drive away, im hoping i can get off early enough tomorrow to go up there. The man told me both bikes are nice, but on the deuce, it has minor chrome flaking on the rocker boxes, brake pedal and handlebar risers, and the big bore kit has just under 20k miles on it. The lowrider is supposed to be extra nice and dont need a thing. Oh and the chrome flaking is not from salt etc, he said the bike was kept covered with a tarp from previous owner, and condensation caused it. I know its just a guessing game till i get there and look for myself. Im leaning towards the deuce, if its nice..but really like the idea of the lowrider only having 13k miles oh, and 5200 is the price for either
If I found an '02 Deuce and an '02 Low Rider for $5,200 each, I'd try to buy both and sell the one I like least for a fast $8,000. Those are some great prices if they aren't stolen - maybe it's a Texas thing. I have seen lowriders from the 80's selling for more than that and Deuces about that age for almost twice as much.

If I had to choose, I'd lean toward the Low Rider. I like softails...except for Deuces.

Last edited by brenn; 08-24-2012 at 06:35 AM.
Old 08-24-2012, 08:07 AM
zer0t
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 6 gun
So far as I have read this is a no brainer the dyna is the way to go!
because if the 02 deuce has a 96'' big bore kit in it, some one is miss
informed. The 02 was an 88" and a big bore kit would have put it to
a 95". The dyna will have a better take off because it isn't wasting
enegry moving the balancers that the deuce has in it. Some one
informed me that a dyna will set at a red light and shake like a dog
trying to crap a peach seed but gets smooth as silk going down the
road. Now the soft tail will be as smooth as silk ai a red light, but
the viberation on the road will increase as the RPMs goes up.
Are you going to spend more time at the red light or going down the
road?
I think there was a 96" big bore from a 3rd party that folks were doing that had some issues with the Nikasil cylinders. It was all the rage on the "other board." It is possibly that kit but more likely the 95" kit.

OP, There is no way (even if you like the looks of a deuce better) that I'd by a deuce over a lowrider. Also, the mileage is 1/3 of the deuce so many more miles for you to ride.

Uh, changed my mind, you should get the Deuce and give me the guys phone number so I can relieve him of the low rider.

Old 08-24-2012, 10:19 AM
Wide_Open
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 148 Likes on 82 Posts

It's hard to tell without pics and more info and normally I'm a softail guy all the way, but from your description I'd lean toward the Lowrider. Just be prepared to possibly being disappointed, the price seems way low and I'd be a little suspicious.

Old 08-24-2012, 10:55 AM
jrgreene1968
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i took off work early, came home, hooked up to my trailer..called the man for directions, and he said he sold both just a few minutes ago. Makes me want to puke!!! I told him last night i would be there today with cash.
Guess i cant blame the ole man though, i got beat to them. Damn this makes me sick

Old 08-24-2012, 11:23 AM
dickey
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,477 Likes on 2,477 Posts

He sells 'em both in 1 day & I've been trying to sell my mint, lo mile CARBED Fatboy for over a year. Go figger.

OK; maybe this'll make you feel better. The Deuce is fugly & has a dopey name, and the LowRider, while a nice looking bike, is physically too small, which is why I traded mine a few years ago. Sorta like a slightly overgrown Sportster, and almost impossible for 2 up. You'll find something better.

Old 08-24-2012, 11:33 AM
jrgreene1968
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dickey
He sells 'em both in 1 day & I've been trying to sell my mint, lo mile CARBED Fatboy for over a year. Go figger.

OK; maybe this'll make you feel better. The Deuce is fugly & has a dopey name, and the LowRider, while a nice looking bike, is physically too small, which is why I traded mine a few years ago. Sorta like a slightly overgrown Sportster, and almost impossible for 2 up. You'll find something better.

yeah im sure ill find something else..but done got my hopes up, went and pulled the cash out of my savings acct, took off work early, lol..guess it wasnt meant to be. damn the luck

Old 08-24-2012, 01:11 PM
purpledeuce
Elite HDF Member
Received 642 Likes on 377 Posts

Cash is king, as you now know, waste no time when you find what you want.

Old 08-24-2012, 01:12 PM
purpledeuce
Elite HDF Member
Received 642 Likes on 377 Posts

Originally Posted by dickey
How much ya asking?

Old 08-24-2012, 02:32 PM
Harley_Dude
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 102 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by jrgreene1968
yeah im sure ill find something else..but done got my hopes up, went and pulled the cash out of my savings acct, took off work early, lol..guess it wasnt meant to be. damn the luck
Gotta jump fast on good deals. Bikes that are $3000-4000 under retail ain't gonna last long. Hell they're worth $5k parted out.

The deuce was $1500 under TRADE IN (musta been trashed)! The Lowrider was right at trade.

Quick Reply: choosing between lowrider and deuce