General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help with my Chap'el goggles...

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2012, 05:42 PM
baka1969
Extreme HDF Member

Received 703 Likes on 466 Posts
Default Need help with my Chap'el goggles...

Before anyone asks, yes I Goggled it with no answer. Now that that's over with.

I have a pair of G900 goggles I got at the dealer that fit over my glasses. A while back I stupidly stuffed them in my saddlebag without thinking and they scratched all to hell. I've been trying to find replacement lenses with no luck. Here's the thing, I can't even find a website for Chap'el. I've checked with the dealer, J&P and DK and they don't have replacement lenses. Does anyone know how to get in touch with Chap'el so I can order a replacement lense? Maybe even a couple so I can have one for night riding also?

I've tried several over-glasses sunglasses and they let in wind and dust. This Chap'el goggles seemed to be the best (not perfect) solution. Since I already have the frames, it seems like I should be able to get lenses for them cheaper than having to buy a new pair of goggles.

Anyone have a contact number or email address for Chap'el? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Old 08-28-2012, 01:08 AM
baka1969
Extreme HDF Member

Anyone?

Old 08-28-2012, 03:36 AM
ultracan
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 154 Likes on 147 Posts
Old 08-28-2012, 04:32 AM
Original Scourge
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Try some good plastic polish like the stuff used on windshields. You might be surprised at how well some of that stuff works.

Old 08-28-2012, 07:27 AM
baka1969
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by ultracan

Perfect. Thank you. I called them and they are sending me the replacement lense.

Originally Posted by Original Scourge
Try some good plastic polish like the stuff used on windshields. You might be surprised at how well some of that stuff works.
Thanks. I tried that but these are deep gouges. They got scratched up with the tire plug tool. It did a good job on them too. I used to repair minor scratches on old plastic crystals on watches. Regular white toothpaste also would do a good job. But there's only so much any of them can do. They can't fix stupidity. lol. I'll put them in a pouch now before they go into my saddlebag.

Thanks again everyone.

Old 08-28-2012, 04:57 PM
BikerOptix
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by baka1969
Before anyone asks, yes I Goggled it with no answer. Now that that's over with.

I have a pair of G900 goggles I got at the dealer that fit over my glasses. A while back I stupidly stuffed them in my saddlebag without thinking and they scratched all to hell. I've been trying to find replacement lenses with no luck. Here's the thing, I can't even find a website for Chap'el. I've checked with the dealer, J&P and DK and they don't have replacement lenses. Does anyone know how to get in touch with Chap'el so I can order a replacement lense? Maybe even a couple so I can have one for night riding also?

I've tried several over-glasses sunglasses and they let in wind and dust. This Chap'el goggles seemed to be the best (not perfect) solution. Since I already have the frames, it seems like I should be able to get lenses for them cheaper than having to buy a new pair of goggles.

Anyone have a contact number or email address for Chap'el? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
If you ever get tired of trying to wear the fit overs we carry all kinds of frames and I can put your prescription into 95% of all our frames. Just an fyi...Glad you found them. They have a dealer local here in Kansas City. Let me know if you need the local shops number...

Old 08-28-2012, 05:06 PM
baka1969
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by BikerOptix
If you ever get tired of trying to wear the fit overs we carry all kinds of frames and I can put your prescription into 95% of all our frames. Just an fyi...Glad you found them. They have a dealer local here in Kansas City. Let me know if you need the local shops number...
Thank you. I have looked at that alternative. Unfortunately I have severe astigmatism and that limits my options.

Old 08-28-2012, 05:50 PM
BikerOptix
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by baka1969
Thank you. I have looked at that alternative. Unfortunately I have severe astigmatism and that limits my options.
I get that all the time. I also get "it can't be done with my prescription." I'm here to tell you that you can. Freeform is a new technology that's now available with all kinds of different treatments. Here's a link to a
that explains it more in detail. If you would like, you can send me your prescription and I would be glad to tell you what your options are. Email it directly to me.

Old 08-28-2012, 06:43 PM
baka1969
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by BikerOptix
I get that all the time. I also get "it can't be done with my prescription." I'm here to tell you that you can. Freeform is a new technology that's now available with all kinds of different treatments. Here's a link to a video that explains it more in detail. If you would like, you can send me your prescription and I would be glad to tell you what your options are. Email it directly to me.
I'll have to call and find out. They'll probably tell me the prescription is out of date since it's been about 30 months since I've had my eyes tested. I'll email you with my findings. Thanks again.

Old 08-30-2012, 04:24 PM
baka1969
Extreme HDF Member

Moore Frames sent me three different replacement lenses for the goggles. A Smoked, clear and yellow. Props to them for the quick service.

Thanks to ultracan for the link.