Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   General Harley Davidson Chat (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/general-harley-davidson-chat-29/)
-   -   How do dealers get that High gloss shine on new and used bikes (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/general-harley-davidson-chat/803480-how-do-dealers-get-that-high-gloss-shine-on-new-and-used-bikes.html)

trozenhorse 08-31-2012 10:03 PM

random orbital polisher- (porter cable or harbor freight), edge polishing pads- orange and white, 3m scratch remover than some good polish and wax, makes it look brand new,

liljoejoe54 08-31-2012 10:12 PM

I agree, zaino works great. Guys in my car club use it and their cars look great. It can be a bit expensive though so I use Turtle Wax Black Box (made for black paint) on my car and it makes it look like a mirror. It is messy but worth it. I just make sure to clay bar before using the black box.

baka1969 09-01-2012 01:55 AM

I used to use Zaino Bros stuff. It works great. It just takes a lot of work. So I wash, clay, polish (mild), and wax twice. First with carnuba and then with Turtle Wax Ice. Turns out almost as good but with less effort. I get lots of compliments that my bike looks new. So it must be doing the job.

aaamax 09-01-2012 02:34 AM

Originally Posted by Roni (Post 10275665)
I'm guessing the used rectal lubricant that they used so that it wouldn't hurt quite so much when they sold you the bike in the first place.

Lol!!
Never thought about Pledge etc. interesting.

WS6 Formula 09-01-2012 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by baka1969 (Post 10277386)
I used to use Zaino Bros stuff. It works great. It just takes a lot of work. So I wash, clay, polish (mild), and wax twice. First with carnuba and then with Turtle Wax Ice. Turns out almost as good but with less effort. I get lots of compliments that my bike looks new. So it must be doing the job.

When you used Zaino, what process did you go through to apply it?

NightHunter 09-01-2012 09:57 AM

I ride to much to keep it that way but there all good products out there,

taygull 09-01-2012 10:11 AM

Used Zaino on my ZO6..I have not used it on the bike yet....but will soon...lots of work but it is amazing..

dickey 09-01-2012 04:14 PM

Just DON'T use anything with silicon in it

POPPYCOCK!

I have been using spray polishes for years with the best results;use it on my Harleys, cars, trucks, my Vettes, and my vintage Fender & Gibson guitars with zero problems. been using Nanowax for the last few years, and before that I used that Turtle Wax spray stuff; I forget the name but Consumers rated it the best several years ago.

You wanna know the secret as to how the dealerships get that mile deep shine?

OK; here it is:

It ain't the wax, it's the LIGHTING in the dealerships. Want proof? Wax your bike with the polish of your choice, then pull into a gas station at night when the overhead fluorescents are on; same lighting as the dealership. You will be amazed at how great your bike looks. Sometimes I pull in to a gas station at night & sit there with the bike idling, just to see how great it looks under those lights.

firefighter616 09-01-2012 04:26 PM

^^^^^^^^^ +1 ^^^^^^

Wookalar 09-01-2012 04:40 PM

Duck Butter