General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fastest stock cruiser?

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2012, 01:13 AM
deez nuts
Road Captain
Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts
Default Fastest stock cruiser?

Stoplight street race between 4 bikes..
Triumph Rocket III classic
Suzuki M109R
'13 Harley Davidson CVO Breakout
'13 Harley Davidson Vrod

What order do you think they finish?

Old 09-29-2012, 01:19 AM
Shredding rubber
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

How many yards. The v-rod,triumph and Suzuki are all gonna get going at about 3000rpms,the breakout will be almost done buy then.
In the quarter I'm going v-rod,triumph,Suzuki and breakout. If the race is only 100 yards then I'm going breakout,triumph,v-rod then the jap

Old 09-29-2012, 01:47 AM
deez nuts
Road Captain

I would say 1/4 since thats the standard drag race.

I ran all over a Rocket III with my harley, of course i have a lot of work done too mind you. Just wondering whats the biggest baddest cruiser that i should be preying on next... I know somebody with a M109R and he thinks its all that, i've read the Rocket will eat the 9 so if i ran all over the rocket i'm sure i can take the 9.

Old 09-29-2012, 01:48 AM
p51bombay
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

None of the HD's. that's for sure - try a Vmax

Old 09-29-2012, 02:05 AM
deez nuts
Road Captain

Vmax is def fast and an impressive bike. Dont prefer the syle of it though and it seems more of a sportbike then a cruiser to me. Same as i didnt put Harley's XR1200 into the competition. Although the XR is as sick as they come though bike too though.

Old 09-29-2012, 02:19 AM
dickey
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,477 Likes on 2,477 Posts

Originally Posted by deez nuts
I would say 1/4 since thats the standard drag race.

I ran all over a Rocket III with my harley, of course i have a lot of work done too mind you. Just wondering whats the biggest baddest cruiser that i should be preying on next... I know somebody with a M109R and he thinks its all that, i've read the Rocket will eat the 9 so if i ran all over the rocket i'm sure i can take the 9.
Not saying it didn't happen, but I find it hard to believe ANY modified Harley could take a Rocket. Guy must've NOT known how to ride, or there might've been something a little off with it. Never ridden one, but I saw a guy light one up once, and I'd like to see the HD that could take that.

Tell ya a true story. Around 1979, I had just bought one of the first twin-cam Honda CB750s; a '79 model. Guy pulls up along side me on 20th ave. in College Point, Queens, on a POS '78 Honda 750 single cam K-model; the slowest Honda 750 made (detuned for pollution crap) & asks if I wanna race. We took off, & he blew my doors off. This happened 3 times in a row. He shifted by reaching down with his hand & pulling up on the shifter; no clutch. Those '78 single cam K models were real dogs; no way could he have beaten me without some major work to his bike. He said it was totally stock. I didn't believe him, so he got off, left it running, & told me to take it for a ride. I did, & it was a real pig; couldn't get out of it's own way. Why did he beat me 3 times when I had an obviously faster, brand new bike? Simple. Guy knew how to ride better than me.

Haven't ridden any of the bikes in this race except the Rod, so I can't really comment, but I can tell you this--The Boss Hoss will eat ANY of those bikes for breakfast. I have ridden the Hoss & the straight line acceleration is nothing less than spectacular; I've never ridden or driven ANYTHING that can touch it, Including my old V-65 & V-Max.

Last edited by dickey; 09-29-2012 at 02:31 AM.
Old 09-29-2012, 02:28 AM
deez nuts
Road Captain

Originally Posted by dickey
Not saying it didn't happen, but I find it hard to believe ANY modified Harley could take a Rocket. Guy must've NOT known how to ride, or there might've been something a little off with it. Never ridden one, but I saw a guy light one up once, and I'd like to see the HD that could take that.

We pulled out onto a single lane road, i was talking to him before we went so we both knew it was on.
He went first and i had no trouble staying close behind, coulda passed him but didnt wanna risk it on single lane road.
We stopped at another stop sign, i told him i had no trouble keeping up and told him what i was running. Again let him go first, he was one bike lenght in front of me when i saw him smash on it with his right hand so he was WOT, and thats when i did the same, right by i went leaving him behind.

He was a bigger guy though, at the time i only weighed 160 so my dyna isnt having to work hard to bring me along. He probably weighs 250 at least. I'll be ready if anothery Rocket comes along wanting to play.

Old 09-29-2012, 04:39 AM
fatbob123
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ducati dievel . Fastest bloody bike I have ever ridden and an absolute joy

Old 09-29-2012, 05:42 AM
deez nuts
Road Captain

The duc is nice but far from a cruiser in my mind, just like the XR1200 and vmax.
Mostly interested in the 4 I originally listed as they seem to be examples of the fastest cruiser type cycles i know of.

Old 09-29-2012, 05:43 AM
TexasJR
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fatbob123
Ducati dievel . Fastest bloody bike I have ever ridden and an absolute joy
That Ducati is a bad *** bike. Fast as hell and looks MEAN as hell. That is the first bike other than a Harley that I have seen and thought about buying in a loooong time. One may STILL end up sitting in the garage next to my CVO Ultra Classic.

Quick Reply: Fastest stock cruiser?