Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   General Harley Davidson Chat (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/general-harley-davidson-chat-29/)
-   -   Frankenstorm (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/general-harley-davidson-chat/819864-frankenstorm.html)

noddy59 10-30-2012 06:34 AM

Frankenstorm

Thoughts go out to all those affected on the east coast of the US , visited there recently and had a great time , hope it doesn't get any worse for those affected.

mmancuso 10-30-2012 08:03 AM

My area of NC (Raleigh) didn't get hit bad from it, but yesterday morning's ride to work was wet and cold with high winds. This morning it was dry, but still chilly with lot's of wind gusts. Our coast took a pounding, but not like up north.

Yesterday was first day with chaps since last winter. We'll start drying out later today, but getting north winds from around the storm for the rest of the week that's going to have the rest of my morning rides in the 30's.

I don't know any riders up north, but I'll bet most are not riding, which is sensible.

longrideshields-2 10-30-2012 09:14 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This is apparently a pic of Avenue C and 14th st in NYC. I finally learned last night just how big this thing is. Now it's running into a 150 mph jet stream to make matters even worse. Thoughts for all those in its path.

monkeyboy22 10-30-2012 09:21 AM

We fared a lot better just outside DC than a lot of people north of us. We had a lot of rain and steady winds of about 45 mph but nothing like they are experiencing elsewhere. My thoughts and prayers go to those of you in those areas.

rickoshay45 10-30-2012 10:37 AM

Wifey's got two boys, their spouses and a granddaughter in Central Jersey. On pins and needles cause haven't heard from them yet.

HD7585 10-30-2012 11:34 AM

Thank you sir..........My famly and friends were lucky......we live just 40 miles from Atlantic City

Originally Posted by noddy59 (Post 10498806)
Thoughts go out to all those affected on the east coast of the US , visited there recently and had a great time , hope it doesn't get any worse for those affected.

Dans03RKC 10-30-2012 12:09 PM

I live near Binghamton NY. The news forcast here caused EVERYBODY to buy all kinds of stuff. I do get it but I saw people buying 5-6 gallons of milk,enough water to last a year. I mean get a grip. We got nothing from the storm but a small amount of rain. The people in NYC is a hole other story....:icon_sad:

MCHOGG 10-30-2012 12:26 PM

I have relatives in NY,NY they are without power but are getting by. If the power doesn't come back on soon the will go to relatives in Brooklyn.

Loc_Tite 10-30-2012 12:28 PM

Delaware here. Storm center passed directly overhead. Beach areas badly flooded, with major damage to the dunes. For those who don't know the importance of that, the dunes are the sand berms that protect what's on the landward side from high seas in storms. NOT the worst ever by far, but this will be expensive. Jersey got banged up worse because they were on the north side of the counter-clockwise swirl, which combines wind speed plus travel speed combined.
Got cold all of the sudden, highs in the 50's.

Dans03RKC 10-30-2012 12:32 PM

Id love to find out what those 14 IDIOTS were trying to do out in the Tall Ship. Its a huge storm and your out in your Chris Columbus type ship riding around....Use Your HEAD!!!!:icon_fryingpan: