General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

84 fxrsdg whats it worth?

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2012, 06:18 PM
JayStronghawk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 279 Likes on 214 Posts

After some searching found this claiming to be a 1984 FXRDG Didn't find anything with an SDG anyway no guarantee's but looks to be of that time area anyway ...

Old 11-25-2012, 08:10 PM
hollowpoint
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by panz4ever
Donny Petersons... lists the 1984 FXRSDG Disc Glide. It is an evo-based motor (somehow I just kept thinking shovels and forgot to expand my mind into evo-era), rubber mount w/ 5 speed tranny. he states that approximate production number was 10.
This is getting interesting. Thanks for the research panz4ever.
Cozmo, was it still on the road when you bought it?
How about some pictures?

Old 11-26-2012, 06:46 PM
cozmo
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey guys sorry I did try to post some pix they never would load completely it looks exactly like the one posted above runs great I have found three little chips in the paint and a small dent where the turn signal hit the tank

Old 11-26-2012, 07:10 PM
cozmo
3rd Gear

wish I could see the front to see if it says fxrs like mine

Old 11-26-2012, 07:34 PM
Gigawitz
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Is it a shovel or an evo ?? could be either in 1984, would be helpful to know...

Old 11-26-2012, 08:03 PM
cozmo
3rd Gear

its a evo the only thing I see differant from the pic above is my side panels are chrome the paint everything seems to be the same thanks to everyone for the imput dont now why I cant put any pix on here I am no Bill Gates I even tried to put it on my profile sorry...

Old 11-26-2012, 09:04 PM
cozmo
3rd Gear

anyone know why nada and kelly blue book are so differant?

Old 11-26-2012, 09:11 PM
hollowpoint
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by cozmo
... why I cant put any pix on here I am no Bill Gates I even tried to put it on my profile sorry...
It's only easy after you have a "learning experience". Notice hagger's post #3 & Morris' in #9 at this link:

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/forum...-pictures.html

Last edited by hollowpoint; 11-26-2012 at 09:16 PM.
Old 11-26-2012, 09:24 PM
panz4ever
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,222 Likes on 1,483 Posts

cozmo... try photobucket and post pic as .img. Works for me anyway

Old 11-28-2012, 04:54 AM
JayStronghawk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 279 Likes on 214 Posts

After some more searching, as FXR history is always fun for me to research found this ..

The FXR Super Glide II was introduced in 1982 and sold alongside the existing FX models. The FXR chassis was essentially an FLT Tour Glide chassis with lighter frame tubes and a more conventional design around the steering head. As such, it offered a rubber-mounted engine and a five-speed transmission, as opposed to the solid mounting and four-speed transmission of the original FX chassis.
The FXR range was expanded in 1984 by the introduction of the FXRT Sport Glide, a Super Glide variant with a fairing and saddlebags, and the FXRS Low Glide, which was the FXR equivalent of the FXSB Low Rider. Upon the discontinuation of the corresponding FX-based models, the FXR Super Glide II became the FXR Super Glide and the FXRS Low Glide became the FXRS Low Rider. The Wide Glide was discontinued because the FXR frame was not suitable for the wide forks.
The 1984 Disc Glide as it was known was a very rare motorcycle it had the first offering of the "Chrome Package" meaning it came with chrome rocker boxes, nose cone, and primary cover. It was called the FXRSDG.
In 1993 the faired and bagged FXRT Sport Glide was discontinued and the FXRS Low Rider was displaced by the FXDL Dyna Low Rider, although the FXRS-Conv Convertible and the FXRS-SP Low Rider Sport continued to be offered. The FXDWG Dyna Wide Glide was introduced in the same year. The Low Rider Sport was discontinued in 1994.
Between the 1991 introduction of the Dyna chassis and the end of the 1994 model year, all Dyna models had a 32° rake. In 1995 the FXD Dyna Super Glide and the FXDS-Conv Dyna Glide Convertible were introduced. These Dynas had a 28° rake and replaced the FXR Super Glide and the FXRS-Conv Low Rider Convertible, which were the last FXR models in regular production.
The FXD Super Glide, and the FXDL Low Rider have been in production ever since.

Quick Reply: 84 fxrsdg whats it worth?