Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   General Harley Davidson Chat (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/general-harley-davidson-chat-29/)
-   -   Anyone leave their cell phone at home when riding? (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/general-harley-davidson-chat/831669-anyone-leave-their-cell-phone-at-home-when-riding.html)

green one 12-20-2012 01:02 PM

Anyone leave their cell phone at home when riding?

Anyone leave their cell phone at home when riding?

I do not ride without my cell phone to often but when I do it's the best riding for me because nobody can call or text me. It's just me the bike and the open road ahead, a feeling of freedom from the connected world, sure i can turn off the phone but find myself turning it on again.
Anyone feel that way or is it just antisocial me. Lol

Fatboy Brian 12-20-2012 01:11 PM

I take mine most of the time in case of break down. I leave it on silent because that is the last thing I want annoying me while I'm trying to enjoy myself.

baust55 12-20-2012 01:20 PM

plus on that "I take mine most of the time in case of break down. I leave it on silent because that is the last thing I want annoying me while I'm trying to enjoy myself."

AtkRWC 12-20-2012 01:22 PM

I most alway have mine. I commute to work so its a must, along with my lunch and sometime a gym bag. Also I live in a backwoods rural area. Breakdown or have an issue and its a long walk. Been there, done that back in the day, wasn't fun then and would suck now...Its not like when out for a ride, you are texting or on the phone...or not supposed to be anyway. Really.

brenn 12-20-2012 01:24 PM

I just ignore mine - I'd guess, riding or not, that I ignore about 19 of every 20 incoming calls. I've never understood why people feel like they have to answer a phone.

SBRob 12-20-2012 01:26 PM

I always have my cell phone in case of an emergency, but if someone tried to call I wouldn't hear it ringin' anyway...doesn't bother me at all.

hdgzr 12-20-2012 01:28 PM

I have it in case I have to respond to a work-related incident, or in the event of a roadside issue. But's it's on silent, in my jacket or the saddlebag.

RevRaz 12-20-2012 01:33 PM

Never know when you need a camera too.

jeffreydsilver 12-20-2012 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by brenn (Post 10682883)
I just ignore mine - I'd guess, riding or not, that I ignore about 19 of every 20 incoming calls. I've never understood why people feel like they have to answer a phone.

:icon_that:
I never leave home without it!

Gigawitz 12-20-2012 01:43 PM

I always bring my cell, I too am very good at ignoring calls.. As mentioned before, never know when you might want to get some photos, not to mention break down..

I also use the GPS on the phone often to locate ride spots, I think I would feel a little lost and powerless without my trusty phone..

There have been occasions when at a long light and a fellow rider calls, I answer the phone just to hold it down by my exhaust for a few seconds, they get the point...