Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   General Harley Davidson Chat (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/general-harley-davidson-chat-29/)
-   -   Arizona (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/general-harley-davidson-chat/840922-arizona.html)

offshore 01-27-2013 09:44 AM

Arizona

Well we're packed and heading to AZ monday morning, bikes are in the trailer and we're ready. Hope to meet up with a few guys from the forum..we will be in sierra vista, gonna catch the NHRA and NASCAR races..and ride in the sun....nothing like a road trip...I won't be hard to find, big smile and wearing my lide....cheers

QC 01-27-2013 09:49 AM

Sounds like a fun trip! Drive and ride safe!

Pete6114 01-27-2013 09:57 AM

Got room for me and my bike, buddy?

White Ice 01-27-2013 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by offshore (Post 10829456)
Well we're packed and heading to AZ monday morning, bikes are in the trailer and we're ready. Hope to meet up with a few guys from the forum..we will be in sierra vista, gonna catch the NHRA and NASCAR races..and ride in the sun....nothing like a road trip...I won't be hard to find, big smile and wearing my lide....cheers

When you go through St. Louis - don't listen to your GPS. The exit you want is '40B' Garmin says '40C' - just follow the signs for 44W to Tulsa.

Don't stay at 'Americas Best' in Dayton Ohio....the doors don't close & it's a dump.
Don't stay at the 'Motel 6' at 4301 I-40E in Amarillo....the drug dealers will keep you awake all night.

First of December we drove Niagara to Gilbert in 4 1/2 days, 9hrs/day, stopping to gas up & walk/water the dogs every 3 hrs.

slhanks4 01-27-2013 01:33 PM

It rained here all day yesterday and some this morning. Should be cleared out by the time you get here, though.

big papa AZ 01-27-2013 02:17 PM

Looks like perfect riding temps for next 10 days...

TwiZted Biker 01-27-2013 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by offshore (Post 10829456)

My in laws are about an hour out Sierra Vista outside Tombstone , still cold there but nothing like what your dealing with . Lots of straight line riding unless you don't mind the dirt .

71FLH 01-27-2013 06:44 PM

Have fun. Sierra Vista, Tombstone, Bisbee, Sonoita are some of our favorite rides. Highway 82 between Sonoita and Tombstone is a really nice scenic ride. Highway 90 from Seirra Vista is also nice, and 80 from Tombstone to Bisbee is great. We've done them a lot through the years and they are always great. The Crystal Palace in Tombstone has great burgers and the bar in the Crystal Palace is from the 1880s. Pretty cool.

desertclassic 01-27-2013 09:47 PM

Lots of good ridin' this time of the year. Lots of snowbirds, and lots of them not paying too much attention. Be safe and spend a lot of $$$$. We need all we can get.