General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Akoury-88 dot helmet problem?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2013, 05:55 PM
Ray Lloyd
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up Akoury-88 dot helmet problem?

Okay, I got excited when I first starting reading the other posts about this helmet. I too am always looking for the lowest-profile, DOT-compliant lid I can find. I thought I found that with the Outlaw that was recalled, and about which there have been several threads here. I did reply to the other thread, but I thought this issue was important enough to start a new thread to try and solve this.

Going to the AK-88 website: http://allforbikers.com/ and watching the two vids left me with some questions.

It sure looks like an identical twin to my two Outlaw helmets...... You know, the ones with the DOT sticker that were then found to be not DOT compliant, causing the big recall stink. The little "Made In China" patch inside the Outlaw helmet is even identical to the AK-88 one in the video.

How the heck do you find out if this thing is actually DOT compliant before you throw down that kind of money, only to find out it is an Outlaw helmet under a different name? My Outlaws were purchased online for only $50.00 each. This AK-88 is certainly not worth what they are asking for it.

I've attached photos of one of my Outlaws for comparison to the one in the video.

Old 04-25-2013, 08:06 PM
bigbadbubba
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought it was only some of the outlaw helmets that were recalled. And they were recalled due to manufacturing defect. My buddy has an akoury I'll try to get pics of it but it seems like a nicely made product. I'm trying to get my hands on an Outlaw and if I do I'll post some comparison pics as well