General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ATTN Le Pera seat owners

Old 05-03-2013, 01:40 AM
cujo471
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ATTN Le Pera seat owners

Does anybody here have experience with riding Le Pera seats? I'm particularly interested in the Maverick 2up and the Sanora Regal Plush seat for my 2000 sporty. I'm looking for long ride comfort without having to get a seat that lifts me an extra 3 inches off the ground. With a stock HD seat, I'm already nearly at my height limit. If anybody has any feedback on this company, especially these two particular seats, it would help me alot. Thanks!

Old 05-03-2013, 08:15 AM
bkelly1956
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have a Le Pera King Cobra. Wanted sleek look. It's very firm, which I like. Most other people who sit on it think its too hard. Have done 240 miles at a time and the comfort is fine. But make no mistake, it's not really a touring seat...probably wouldnt want to do much more than that. Sorry, no experience with the models you mentioned.

Old 05-03-2013, 10:21 AM
jsvt184
Tourer

I've got a Le Pera Aviator solo. It's pretty firm. It lowered me some and quality is good. It's not as comfortable as my stock seat after it came back from Mean City Cycle. The company is good to deal with. The price I paid was great but mostly because it was mispriced on their website. The owner of Le Pera at first told me that she couldn't honor the misprinted price but in the end she did. The next day the website price was changed. I don't know anything about the Maverick or the Sonora except that I like the looks.

Old 05-03-2013, 10:41 AM
Uncle Chester
Extreme HDF Member
Received 182 Likes on 139 Posts

I have a Maverick on my 02 sporty and love the thing. It sits you down into the bike a little more and has great back support. I can ride this thing all day long and my *** feels fine. It is definately firmer than the stock seat but it's not a rock, great mix of form and function.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old 05-03-2013, 10:42 AM
dickey
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,472 Likes on 2,475 Posts

I've had several Leperas, I kept the one from my Fatboy when I sold it. IMHO, they are the best looking, best made, but most uncomfortable seats out there. Like riding an ironing board. But nothing looks better; even their leather finish is spectacular.

Old 05-03-2013, 11:42 AM
WhiteNoise
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I have a Lepera Cherokee and a Lepera bare bones solo.

The cherokee drops me down into the bike, pulls me back a bit and though firm is waaaay comfy. I can ride all day on it.

My Barebones on the other hand sits me slightly lower and again its firm too but is not nearly as comfy. After 50 miles my *** is bothering me a bit.

Old 05-03-2013, 11:59 AM
FLHR09
Advanced

+1 They are great looking and well built seats, but are too firm for me.

Old 05-03-2013, 01:25 PM
QSHOG
Club Member
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a Maverick on my Road King and love it. I replaced the stock set mostly to make my wife happy but it workes great for me also. She is good for about 100 miles on the Corbin that I have on my Heritage and that's it. I bought this bike for touring and one of the deals to get the bike was she had to have a comfortable seat too.

Le Para has a program where they will send you a seat without the cover on it to try (for a price and shipping) so you know what your getting. I did this because I didn't want to get stuck with an expensive seat that I or she didn't like.

The pictures show a little of it.

Attached Thumbnails ATTN Le Pera seat owners-052-640x480-.jpg   ATTN Le Pera seat owners-rk1-2-640x480-.jpg  
Old 05-03-2013, 01:34 PM
WhiteNoise
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The Mavericks are built for comfort and style. Can't go wrong there.

Old 05-03-2013, 05:45 PM
SanJuanRon
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 145 Likes on 93 Posts

I have the Le Pera Maverick Daddy Long Legs on my Deluxe and its very comfortable for me and the wife. Sits me back 2+ inches. SJ Ron

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ATTN Le Pera seat owners