General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: HOw do you feel about these new bikes
That's my kinda bike
18.14%
Not for me but i dig it
66.67%
Dumbest thing I've seen
7.11%
Destroy them all
8.09%
Voters: 408. You may not vote on this poll

Official New Harley Models 500 and 700 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2013, 08:51 AM
groupw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 463 Likes on 359 Posts

Originally Posted by upflying
That rider above is riding on the left side of the road..not in the USA obviously.
.......... or maybe he just started drinkin' early ?

Old 09-11-2013, 09:17 AM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 47,828 Likes on 17,453 Posts

Originally Posted by UkCatsHarley
I thought this was not for North American release?

Anybody thought that wasn't happening is in serious denial I predicted this **** 2 years ago ...................

Old 09-11-2013, 09:35 AM
johnjay
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You would think they could hide the radiator better! Just the logo will sell a lot of bikes. I do not think they are looking at just the female market, more the young kids that are wantabees. They will need two versions...one slow and one fast. Good luck with that. They better not style it like a Japanese bike or it will die. Should look like one of Sands Sporties. Cafe racer looking.

Old 09-11-2013, 09:37 AM
AtkRWC
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by upflying
Wasn't there a single cylinder (half a Sportster) entry level, beginner HD a few years ago? Forgot the name of it, Breeze or something like that. It was a complete flop and IIRC the final one off the assembly line was destroyed into a small cube. Why does HD want to repeat history?
That rider above is riding on the left side of the road..not in the USA obviously.
Buell Blast

Old 09-11-2013, 09:41 AM
SCJoe
Tourer

It's the new Harley Tandoori!

Old 09-11-2013, 10:17 AM
Harley_Dude
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 102 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by fat_tony
Hoping it does not turn out to be just an over priced, low spec. budget bike only people who have to have a Harley logo on their tank will buy.
That's what they did with the VRod, way too much money> If it would have sold for around the price of a Sporty it might have done well. This needs to be $5k or less. Probably do well overseas.

Originally Posted by RHPAW
Just what we needed...another reason to bash Sporties. I'm starting to feel sorry for those folks. At least it's ugly.
Makes a Fugly look like a rock star.

Old 09-11-2013, 10:56 AM
barjbar
Elite HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by groupw
.......... or maybe he just started drinkin' early ?
It's India. The bike has an Indian plate.

Old 09-11-2013, 02:05 PM
zion
Tourer

With the demise of the Buell/HD connection, the inventory of Buell Blasts for training has dwindled. The RidersEdge programs use the Buell Blast, which are 500cc. The MOCO knew that eventually there was a need for something to replace the aging fleet.

I'm not saying that this was the sole reason for the development of what we're seeing in these pictures, but it's part of the equation. While I was at RidersEdge Instructors class last year, the topic came up from our trainer... He would only say, "Be prepared for a new bike". He couldn't or wouldn't expand on it, but it sure seems this is what he was talking about.

Harley had a small but distinct niche with the Buell's and I'm sure they see this as a way to get a foothold in the smaller displacement market, if not in the U.S, in the rest of the world.

+++ So I typed the above BEFORE reading the article linked. Apparently, all I did was say the same thing! oops. Well at least I didn't fly in the face of the article!

Last edited by zion; 09-11-2013 at 02:10 PM. Reason: oops
Old 09-11-2013, 02:24 PM
Reindeer
Supporter
Received 727 Likes on 403 Posts

I'm sure financially it makes a lot of sense. They'll just have to be careful so it doesn't cut into 883 sales. It would be great if it had a lower seat height (25" or so) than a Sporty to make it easier for beginners/shorter women to handle. My wife is ready skill wise to move up to a Sportster, but they all feel too tall to her. A Fatboy Lo is perfect, but she's intimidated by the weight and its way out of her budget.

Old 09-11-2013, 02:47 PM
Imold
another old guy

Received 4,614 Likes on 2,726 Posts

Parts made in India? I'd go straight to a Japanese bike dealer without even looking at this if I was interested in something that size; any other good points it might have wouldn't make up for that.

Quick Reply: Official New Harley Models 500 and 700 Thread