General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 problem?

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2013, 02:13 AM
Tech23
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dyolfknip
You sure about that? There are quite a few VRod owners that would disagree.
The V Rod is a true water cooled bike, cylinders, cylinder heads, thermostat & mechanical water pump. It's not a converted air cooled bike like the new "water cooled" bikes.

Tech23

Old 09-22-2013, 04:38 AM
MikeDCop
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by The Biscuit
Ive seen at a different site posters bringing up a problem found with some new liquid cooled bikes. several posted of their bikes puking coolant after a ride... anyone seeing this?

interested in what HD has done... not trying to bash... Id expect hd may have a few bugs with new model
I've had my Ultra Limited a month now with no issues with the coolant system. Actually no issues with te bike at all.

Old 10-01-2013, 09:31 AM
dlwhtrose
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I purchased a 2014 Tri-Glide two weeks ago. I love it but I am having the coolant leak issue. And I can say its not just a little. It happens after I've been riding about 30 minutes. I park the bike and within 20 minutes the entire reservoir empties on the ground. My lovely dealership has no clue. I had to find the service bulletin for them. They have had my bike for four days now and still do not have it fixed. Ironically a friend of mine has a 14 Limited CVO and he is having the same issue and is dealing with the same idiots at our dealership. The big problem Harley has with this is they are aware of the problem but have not communicated with ALL their dealerships on how to fix. So you have a lot of techs blundering their way around the system trying to patch the leak.

Old 10-01-2013, 09:55 AM
HDogg
Road Master
Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts

It looks like this is a common problem with the new ones and why isn't HD doing something about it quick?Over 110 years of history and they jeopardize it with presumably a quick fix issue?then again maybe this lackadaisical attitude is part of the history....I feel sorry for all you guys who have to endure this crap.Maybe they could call their Japanese buddies for some technical help.

Old 10-01-2013, 10:19 AM
DDuess
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

From what I have read, puking coolant is only half the problem, with a lot of owners having trouble with the "infotainment" side also, with no bug fixes out yet.

Old 10-01-2013, 10:32 AM
HDogg
Road Master
Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by DDuess
From what I have read, puking coolant is only half the problem, with a lot of owners having trouble with the "infotainment" side also, with no bug fixes out yet.
Oh?I never liked the new dash anyway.

Old 10-01-2013, 11:07 AM
LeadSSled
Road Captain
Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

There are several threads started by new owners having this coolant "puking" issue. Here is the big thread - the first one posted with this issue. The OP had his bike taken back and his money returned.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...s-of-pics.html

Here are a few others. There may be more.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...-problems.html

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...lant-leak.html

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...g-mistake.html