Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   General Harley Davidson Chat (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/general-harley-davidson-chat-29/)
-   -   Full-face helmets and new (to me) pinlock visors (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/general-harley-davidson-chat/914770-full-face-helmets-and-new-to-me-pinlock-visors.html)

CBud 10-13-2013 08:37 AM

Full-face helmets and new (to me) pinlock visors

It's time for a new helmet and I have tried on a bunch, and have my final pick narrowed down to make, model, color and size. My question is this, "Are the new pinlock visors with inserts worth it?"

I have only had dark smoke replacement visors in the past, and carried a clear for nights when traveling overnights.

ChickinOnaChain 10-13-2013 08:47 AM

From what I've seen on YouTube, yes, since I had to look it up to see what it was. I know I have a face shield on my 3/4 helmet and don't want to ever ride without it.

oct1949 10-13-2013 09:04 AM

Got the wife and I got a new Bell Custom 500 3/4 with the red,white and blue special paint last fall.
We like them better than the HJC we had. They fit really good, there smaller and don't have the mushroom head anymore.

I just looked up the pinlock system, don't think it'll work on our new lids..

Looks pretty good although..

We don't have to wear a lid here in IN, but we have worn our lids more this yr mostly because the visors cut the sun glare way down to almost nothing when we ride in the evenings.

Qdog002 10-13-2013 09:11 AM

I bought the Shoei GT Air with the pin-lock and have had no issues with fogging yet. Once in a while I will get fog from breathing but it stays below the pin-lock.

NDBadlands4-2 10-13-2013 10:13 AM

Living in ND we get plenty of cold weather and lots of opportunities to test how a visor can fog up. Pinlock works. It works in every condition I have used it in, and I will never have a helmet without it again.

Northbound Southerner 10-13-2013 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by CBud (Post 11869149)
It's time for a new helmet and I have tried on a bunch, and have my final pick narrowed down to make, model, color and size. My question is this, "Are the new pinlock visors with inserts worth it?"

I have only had dark smoke replacement visors in the past, and carried a clear for nights when traveling overnights.

I like the pin locks a lot. I have one on my Arai. No fogging in any conditions...

FLHTK 10-13-2013 10:23 AM

Yep, they're worth it. No more fogging up on cold mornings.

Pete6114 10-13-2013 11:13 AM

My SHOEI Multitec has a pinlock visor and it is awesome, riding in rain. No fogging at any time. Just had to deal with my prescription glasses. Leaving the visor open a crack helped, till i got some ant-fog stuff for them.

Tailsfrommycrib 10-13-2013 11:49 AM

I have a Lazer Monaco with pin lock and transitional helmet that goes from clear to dark in the sunlight. I no longer have to take two face shields on a long trip. I absolutely love both the pin lock and transitional face shield.

kcdowning 10-13-2013 12:00 PM

They work great

I wouldn't buy a helmet without one after the last two helmets I had that both had them.