General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Booze, Babes & Hogs

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2007, 04:10 PM
NYNickET
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Booze, Babes & Hogs

Historically the three seem to go together.

There are bike nights & drink specials at several local watering holes plus any rally or gathering will always have the cooler of beer under a tree.

Thing is I really don’t like riding drunk. Not to mention the cops will drag you & your scooter in.

I mean 2 fer 1 drink special if you ride to the bar & half price shots etc. . . .

I luv my ride & sunk way big bucks into it her so the thought of a cop draggin her downtown or worse I drop her cause I’m just to drunk to ride is not an option. . .

What do y’all do during happy hour? Really?

Old 03-13-2007, 04:19 PM
whaap
Extreme HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Booze, Babes & Hogs

My answer is pretty simple. I don't go to happy hours while riding. My rule (for myself only) is I don't drink "anything" and ride. If I'm on a trip I will check into a motel with a bar and restaurant or one that's atleast close enough that I can walk.

Old 03-13-2007, 04:40 PM
Big Sled
Big Kahuna HDF Member

Received 7,659 Likes on 4,062 Posts

Never ride, here, if under the influence even if likely under the legal limit.[sm=forgetit.gif] Plan it in a way so I don't have to ride while the situation persists.

But have been known to OD on hot wings to the point of silliness and still ride.[&:]

Old 03-13-2007, 04:42 PM
anfauglir
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just because you are at a happy hour doesn't mean you have to drink. I usually order a Coke. Just put in one of those mixing straws so you "look cool"

[IMG]local://upfiles/16725/6D33ECE3988A4B4A8D9CA0461099AD22.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-13-2007, 04:43 PM
dynamolowrider
Tourer

thats why we camp at the rally,bikes bandsbeer and women, party our azz off, my wife keeps me supplied with beeds &i pass them out lol.. stager back to the tent get me some and pass out. wake up and do it all over agin.I like the bike games so i wont drink till im done with them...sometimes the ride home on sun. is prety tough but worth it...

Old 03-13-2007, 04:50 PM
Clammy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,751 Likes on 766 Posts

If I'm at happy hour, my Hog (and any other vehicle I may own) is at home. When I go out drinking, I come home by cab or a ride from a sober person.

Cheers!
[sm=icon_rock.gif][sm=icon_rock.gif][sm=icon_rock.gif]

Old 03-13-2007, 05:21 PM
NYNickET
Road Captain

i do pretty much the same thing just wanted to know if i wuz wussin out.

i do see other riders not playin it the same way. i'm not one to judge.

Old 03-13-2007, 05:22 PM
cwilks
Banned

Doesn't have to be happy hour, if I'm out with some buds and we want to stop for a couple...we do. Sometimes we make a day of it...ya know, titty bar poker runs and all..now we're not slammin' 3 or 4 at each stop but it could get that way Of course, we're professionals and wouldn't expect rookies to hang Thought I'd give some prospective from the dark side[sm=guilty.gif]

Old 03-13-2007, 06:10 PM
hambone
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I usually will have a couple but don't drink anything but water or coke for the last 2 hours I'm at bike night. I did however find myself in a bad way last spring on the first bike night of the year down on Beale St here in Memphis. Wife was out of town that week so I headed down town EARLY and was just chilling had a couple of beers till about 7pm when I meet up with an old friend just outside of Coyotte Ugly. We went in and sat at the bar for a couple of drinks before heading off for dinner at a resturant down the street. Well I never made it to dinner. The "ladies" behind the bar started the "every half hour everyone sitting at the bar has to have a shot" deal. Me, I sat and had about 6 shots of Glenlevite scotch, as well as pounded quite a few more beers. I was having a good time to say the least.

Finally realized that I was hammered about 9-9:30. Spent till about 2am walking around on Beale St drinking water and coffee till I felt well enough to ride back home, 45 miles away. Work at 6am was not pleasant.[:'(]

Rick

Old 03-13-2007, 08:07 PM
MAchonewon
Road Master

Don't drink and drive.

Quick Reply: Booze, Babes & Hogs