General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Engineer/harness/roper boots for narrow feet?

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2013, 08:58 PM
balingwire
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engineer/harness/roper boots for narrow feet?

I have searched everywhere that I know to go, and I don't know what to do:
I need a good, high-quality pair of boots to wear while riding, and really, I'll wear these boots all of the time, year-round. Trouble is, I need a 10.5 B (narrow width), and I can't find any boots other than Wesco or White, and I just can't afford a $600 pair of custom-made boots. I know that the Wesco and White boots would last for a long, long time, but that $600+ at once - that's more than I can do. I can come up with $100-$200 every two years, though, and I think if Chippewa made their boots in a B width, I could make these last for a long time. My current pair of boots is Ariat Ropers, and these have been very comfortable and have developed a nice patina over the last year, but now the sole is coming un-glued, so they are done. I've worn these boots every day for over a year and they've been over 10,000 miles on the bike - not bad, I guess, for what I've paid, but after investing time and miles in anything, I sure hate letting it go. I want something in black, pull-on, with Vibram soles, and Goodyear welt construction. Any suggestions? Thank you.

Old 11-15-2013, 09:44 PM
Captain Bligh
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I have the same problem with narrow width. I found my solution with well-fitting engineer boots at Red Wing. I'll bet you can too.

Old 11-16-2013, 01:13 AM
luisan
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 144 Likes on 82 Posts

I recently bought a pair of Engineer's boots size 10 M width because they didn't make them in Narrow w. but they're too wide and my feet move around and I don't like it,so I changed style and I ordered a pair of Timberland Pro Series size 10M and these fit a little better but I'm still looking for those snug fitting Engineer's boots.

Old 11-16-2013, 07:25 AM
Twistnride
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

W.C. Russell Moccasin Co, custom made "Riders" for around 440 bills. If you can afford a scoot,you can afford boots that fit.

Old 11-16-2013, 07:50 AM
Hell Fire Hog
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maybe you should look in the ladies shoe section. I dont suppose high heels work well with a heel shifter though.

Old 11-16-2013, 02:32 PM
nevada72
Banned
Received 25,622 Likes on 12,010 Posts

Take a look at Frye. Made in USA and great quality. Can't speak much on width, but I have normal to narrow feet and Frye's are a bit tight on me until they break in. A better boot you will not find.

http://www.thefryecompany.com/produc...00/engineer-8r

http://www.thefryecompany.com/mens-b...0/engineer-12r

http://www.thefryecompany.com/mens-b...0/engineer-12r

Last edited by nevada72; 11-16-2013 at 02:35 PM.
Old 11-16-2013, 06:33 PM
Dirty Harry
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,067 Likes on 530 Posts

Originally Posted by balingwire
I have searched everywhere that I know to go, and I don't know what to do:
My current pair of boots is Ariat Ropers, and these have been very comfortable and have developed a nice patina over the last year, but now the sole is coming un-glued, so they are done. I've worn these boots every day for over a year and they've been over 10,000 miles on the bike - not bad, I guess, for what I've paid, but after investing time and miles in anything, I sure hate letting it go. . Any suggestions? Thank you.

I guess you solved your dilema.......Ariat Ropers it is!

Old 11-16-2013, 06:56 PM
balingwire
Advanced

Originally Posted by Twistnride
W.C. Russell Moccasin Co, custom made "Riders" for around 440 bills. If you can afford a scoot,you can afford boots that fit.
Yeah, I'm finding out that I may not be able to afford this H-D scoot - $100+ every time that I turn around. Going to order a Hayden M6 after checking hdforums.

Old 11-16-2013, 06:57 PM
balingwire
Advanced

Originally Posted by Dirty Harry
I guess you solved your dilema.......Ariat Ropers it is!
It's looking that way.

Old 11-17-2013, 07:46 AM
K Melancon
Road Warrior
Received 132 Likes on 92 Posts

I would think those Arait could be resoled for about $50. Then you now have a new pair of broken in boots. When you buy good boots they can be rebuilt over and over. I have a pair that are 25 years old and have been resoled 3 times, another pair has been resoled 2 times. Invest in a good quality boot and it will last a lifetime. You invest in cheap boots and you will always be buying boots.

Quick Reply: Engineer/harness/roper boots for narrow feet?