General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Legendary vs Schotts

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2013, 10:39 AM
desertwolf
Road Master
Received 42 Likes on 27 Posts
Default Legendary vs Schotts

Legendary is made by Schotts. Why the price difference? Different leather? Not as thick or as good as leather? Cheaper zippers? Are Legendary leathers as good as Schotts? Or with Schotts are you paying for the name? How heavy is the leather on Schotts. Acording to their website the leather is not a heavy as Fox Creek leather?

Old 12-07-2013, 12:48 PM
SoCalSoftailSlim
Elite HDF Member
Received 59 Likes on 46 Posts

Have you sent the questions to Schott or Legendary? They would be able to answer for sure, I think.

When I look at the Legendary website I see they carry Schotts. And they run 10 bucks cheaper than buying them direct from the Schott website. In some cases, with brown leather jackets, you might get a Schott 100 bucks cheaper on the Legendary site.

Old 12-07-2013, 04:14 PM
Tailsfrommycrib
Elite HDF Member

Just got this and I also own a fox creek Grayson. The fox creek is heavier and has the option of adding force field armor but Schott's is legendary and they have more options when it comes to leather hides. The one I have is steer hide and looks AWESOME! They also make jackets in cow hide, horse hide, goat skin, and a few others. Fox creek is top notch but so is Schott but the Schott jackets looks better to me.

Legendary vs Schotts-image.jpg

Old 12-07-2013, 05:31 PM
baka1969
Extreme HDF Member

Received 703 Likes on 466 Posts

I wish there was a brown 125 Perfecto. The 618 Perfecto is a slim cut and I'm anything but slim. lol

Old 12-07-2013, 06:56 PM
SoCalSoftailSlim
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by Tailsfrommycrib
Just got this and I also own a fox creek Grayson. The fox creek is heavier and has the option of adding force field armor but Schott's is legendary and they have more options when it comes to leather hides. The one I have is steer hide and looks AWESOME! They also make jackets in cow hide, horse hide, goat skin, and a few others. Fox creek is top notch but so is Schott but the Schott jackets looks better to me.

Attachment 346765
Great looking jacket. And I have to agree. No knock on the Fox Creek jackets, but they just don't seem as cool looking as a Schott.

Thicker is not always the best, depending on the weather. And sometimes one jacket may seem thicker, but it's just less supple. My old Perfecto is very thick and heavy, but worn in so well that it feels thin.

Old 12-07-2013, 08:26 PM
Tailsfrommycrib
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by SoCalSoftailSlim
Great looking jacket. And I have to agree. No knock on the Fox Creek jackets, but they just don't seem as cool looking as a Schott.

Thicker is not always the best, depending on the weather. And sometimes one jacket may seem thicker, but it's just less supple. My old Perfecto is very thick and heavy, but worn in so well that it feels thin.
I couldn't agree more. I actually got a commander and even though the quality was great I didn't like the way it looked on me so I sent it back and got the easy rider jacket. I'm a slimmer guy so the Schott jacket just fits me so much better and the better steer hide leather just looks awesome because it is so smooth and thick. If you have the money the Schott's jackets are a great option with their fit, leather options, look, and great history as the first motorcycle jacket manufacturer.