General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Directharleyparts.com/directcycleparts.com

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2014, 01:10 PM
NSCoyote
Club Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Directharleyparts.com/directcycleparts.com

i know theres been a few negative posts or posts about the service quality at Directharleyparts.com. while i cant speak for everyone of there customers as someone who orders ALOT of parts fro mthe us * what can i say im canadian and tired of beign screwed by canadian companies* fro mteh get go Directharleyparts.com showed excellent service with both fast and courtious replies to my e-mails and questions and workign with me with respect to shipping to canada. and while there was a bit of a wait from order to shipping * a couple business days * they did let me know at t5he time of orderign to expect a bit of a delay in shipping. i received my package fro mthem this afternoon and as a result of the quality service, fast and easy shipping, HDForums sponsorship, and great prices on products they have earned a regular customer who will continue to order fro mthem i nthe future and recomend them to my friends.

Hope this post helps any future members i nthere decision to order parts from them

Old 02-28-2014, 03:41 PM
AZRenegade
Tourer
Received 84 Likes on 44 Posts

They've always done right by me. I get my parts in two days and their customer service is very quick to respond to my issues. I've done about six transactions with them.

Old 02-28-2014, 09:52 PM
Tech23
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I've dealt with them twice now. First time service was good, second time I received my credit card statement with the charge a week before I got an email confirming the order. I recently called and asked for a quote on an exhaust, PCV 5 and an AT 300 auto tune. Steve called to verify what I was looking for and told me he would call back with a quote...he never called back with the quote. I bought the stuff elsewhere.

Tech23

Old 04-14-2014, 04:48 PM
NSCoyote
Club Member

well i jumped to fast in thinking Directcycleparts was all that and a slice of bread. my first order went off without a htich as my original post said. my second order ya thats been a clusterfudge thats now gone from saving me a few bucks to turning my stomach.

Mar 19th i emailed to equire availability of the cams and inner cam bearigns i needed. got a reply back that they where in stock and would require 1 extra day to ship via USPS as requested. so they sent me a paypal invoice on mar 20th which i promptly paid before the close of business on that day and I requested a tracking number and shipping confirmation. after a couple days i still hadnt received a confirmation or trackign number so i sent a second e-mail requesting one, no reply so aroudn april 2nd i called and spoke with someone on the phone whop at first could not find any record of my order then after a few minutes he pulled it up and appoligixed on my order "disapearing" in there system but will get it out the next day. so fast forwward to the 10th of april i receive a shipping number from them upon checkign the USPS tracking number it showed "electronic shipping info submited" which accordign to USPS means that the shipper has printed a shipping label but the item has not been picked up by a usps driver or dropped off at a post office box. Fast forward today the 14th i still do not have the parts i order almost a month ago, USPS has no record of them beign entered into the shippign system beyond printing a shipping label and the bike they go on is torn apart taking up lift space that i have to turn away paying cutomers on because of this. i sent another e-mail friday on this to them and havent heard back as of yet but as of right now i am LIVID coming up on a month now and accordign to the trackign number iwas given the items havent actually physically shipped yet and these are items that accordign to them are in stock. and accordign to USPS and the fact i get several deliverys from the US weekly the shipping shouldnt take more then 10 calender days from actual shipping date.

honestly this fu*K up means i am losing money as i have had to turn away 4 jobs because my lift is tied up with a biek that should have been on the groudn and ready to go 2 weeks ago. i dotn give a rat's **** whether the yare a forum sponsor or not it is bad business pure and simple from my point of view and generaly i am a fairly calm tempered person but when i am payign for a product and you tell me its in stock dont dick me around for a month. if you didnt have it in stock and told me i would have said ok no problem and called a suplier that does have it in stock to ship out next day and i wouldnt be pissed off and feelign screwed by your company.

Last edited by NSCoyote; 04-14-2014 at 05:13 PM.
Old 04-14-2014, 05:59 PM
DirectCycleParts.com
Sponsor
Received 35 Likes on 14 Posts
Default USPS Delay

Hello, I apologize on behalf of USPS. We have no control over shipping time. If you would prefer, we can ship Fedex 2 day air, however, you will have to pay for the price difference.

We are completely upfront with all of our orders. With International orders, we let you know upfront that you will be charged customs fees and your end, and USPS usually takes 6-10 business days, if not longer. Once it leaves our facility, we have no control over it. As much as we would like to think USPS has amazing tracking, they do not. You usually do not see the updates until after the package is delivered. I am sorry that you think we are dropping the ball on this end, but I am afraid it sounds like USPS is just not updating the tracking, as usual.

Also, if you have more than one name in the system, (ie. one for billing and one for shipping) that could cause someone to maybe not be able to find you in the system. I don't know if this has happened to you, but it could be the case.

Please PM your info so I can call USPS and see where your package is, or feel free to call as well.

I apologize for any inconvenience caused with the delay in delivery. Once we make the label, it leaves on the truck. There is not waiting around period for the packages.

Thank you.

Originally Posted by NSCoyote
well i jumped to fast in thinking Directcycleparts was all that and a slice of bread. my first order went off without a htich as my original post said. my second order ya thats been a clusterfudge thats now gone from saving me a few bucks to turning my stomach.

Mar 19th i emailed to equire availability of the cams and inner cam bearigns i needed. got a reply back that they where in stock and would require 1 extra day to ship via USPS as requested. so they sent me a paypal invoice on mar 20th which i promptly paid before the close of business on that day and I requested a tracking number and shipping confirmation. after a couple days i still hadnt received a confirmation or trackign number so i sent a second e-mail requesting one, no reply so aroudn april 2nd i called and spoke with someone on the phone whop at first could not find any record of my order then after a few minutes he pulled it up and appoligixed on my order "disapearing" in there system but will get it out the next day. so fast forwward to the 10th of april i receive a shipping number from them upon checkign the USPS tracking number it showed "electronic shipping info submited" which accordign to USPS means that the shipper has printed a shipping label but the item has not been picked up by a usps driver or dropped off at a post office box. Fast forward today the 14th i still do not have the parts i order almost a month ago, USPS has no record of them beign entered into the shippign system beyond printing a shipping label and the bike they go on is torn apart taking up lift space that i have to turn away paying cutomers on because of this. i sent another e-mail friday on this to them and havent heard back as of yet but as of right now i am LIVID coming up on a month now and accordign to the trackign number iwas given the items havent actually physically shipped yet and these are items that accordign to them are in stock. and accordign to USPS and the fact i get several deliverys from the US weekly the shipping shouldnt take more then 10 calender days from actual shipping date.

honestly this fu*K up means i am losing money as i have had to turn away 4 jobs because my lift is tied up with a biek that should have been on the groudn and ready to go 2 weeks ago. i dotn give a rat's **** whether the yare a forum sponsor or not it is bad business pure and simple from my point of view and generaly i am a fairly calm tempered person but when i am payign for a product and you tell me its in stock dont dick me around for a month. if you didnt have it in stock and told me i would have said ok no problem and called a suplier that does have it in stock to ship out next day and i wouldnt be pissed off and feelign screwed by your company.

Old 04-14-2014, 06:24 PM
NSCoyote
Club Member

Originally Posted by DirectCycleParts.com
Hello, I apologize on behalf of USPS. We have no control over shipping time. If you would prefer, we can ship Fedex 2 day air, however, you will have to pay for the price difference.

We are completely upfront with all of our orders. With International orders, we let you know upfront that you will be charged customs fees and your end, and USPS usually takes 6-10 business days, if not longer. Once it leaves our facility, we have no control over it. As much as we would like to think USPS has amazing tracking, they do not. You usually do not see the updates until after the package is delivered. I am sorry that you think we are dropping the ball on this end, but I am afraid it sounds like USPS is just not updating the tracking, as usual.

Also, if you have more than one name in the system, (ie. one for billing and one for shipping) that could cause someone to maybe not be able to find you in the system. I don't know if this has happened to you, but it could be the case.

Please PM your info so I can call USPS and see where your package is, or feel free to call as well.

I apologize for any inconvenience caused with the delay in delivery. Once we make the label, it leaves on the truck. There is not waiting around period for the packages.

Thank you.
PM sent
as i said i ordered these parts Mar 20th, and i know how USPS works and how they scan the packages and how logn it takes for packages to reach me, at any given time i have anywhere from 1-8 items in USPS channels enroute for canada and as for customs fee's they only ones that woudl apply to this order is sales tax applied by Canada post on the value of the item and its collected at the time of delivery. i use USPS specificly so i dont have to pay the 35-50% of item value fedex and UPS charges for brokerage fees at the door on top of any sales tax i would normally pay. as i have stated i have already contacted USPS and checked the tracking number provided by you guys and based on that number the item had a shipping label printed but has no record of being picked up by a driver or dropped off at a post office. as for the shipping tiems themselves when i ordered i had counted on 7-10 days which is about normal for packages comign fro mthe US from a retail post office to the outbound ISC *international sortign center* 48 hours is the average time some packages go up to 72 hours some down to 24 but 48 is average* then 24 hours transit time to canada customs, if the item isnt selected for inspection it clears within 2 hours if it is selected for inspection it takes an additional 4-6 hours before beign released to canadapost then its 48 hours from that point to my door step unless it arrives in my local sort plant on a week then it arrives the monday.

Last edited by NSCoyote; 04-14-2014 at 10:23 PM.
Old 04-14-2014, 07:15 PM
NSCoyote
Club Member

from the USPS tracking number provided by directcycleparts for this order the one in question .

a direct screen grab from the USPS trackign website *i blocked out the tracking number for my own security but did provide it in a PM and you should have it on file as it was e-mailed to me by you guys.

you can see in the first picture that it was and is still at "electronic shipment info received on april 5th" and the second picture i clicked on the little "info" button and it reads at this stage USPS has been notified by the shipper to expect a package but does not indicate USPS has received a package. in ALL orders from USPS i have ever received or placed when the package is either picked up by a driver or dropped off to an outlet that changed to item accepted at XXX location. now for an order placed Mar 20th that got "lost" till i called on April 2nd that package should have been at the very least in Canada posts hands by now which it would show on both Canada posts webiste and USPS website as having changed possesion from USPS to customs to canada post.......

Attached Thumbnails Directharleyparts.com/directcycleparts.com-directcycle-order.jpg   Directharleyparts.com/directcycleparts.com-directcycle-order-2.jpg  

Last edited by NSCoyote; 04-14-2014 at 07:28 PM.
Old 04-15-2014, 08:35 AM
NSCoyote
Club Member

well just got off the phoen with a USPS supervisor, and accordign to them the package you gave me a tracking number for has to date not been picked up by or dropped off to any USPS employee. so as far as i can tell the Cams and inner cam bearigns i ordered and paid for on March 20th that should have been on my door step by the first phone call i made to Directcycleparts on April 2nd even though i was assured they would ship out by friday april 4th have not been shipped. and at the time i ordered them they where instock accordign to the representative i spoke with via e-mail.....so if you gave me the wrogn trackign number please provide the corrrect one, if not where the F*** are my cam's and bearings??????? as for USPS delays and shipping times the supervisor i spoke with stated that for an outbound international order even if it wasnt scanned at drop-off/ pick up it woudl have reached customs clearence in no more then 72 hours from ANYWHERE in the US at which point CUSTOMS MUST scan or in the case of a barcode not being readable manually enter the trackign info so if it was in the system it would have hit customs already and been scanned as outbound mail to Canada......... yes i will be calling your office as soon as it opens and expect me to be f***ing irate

Old 04-15-2014, 11:06 AM
DirectCycleParts.com
Sponsor
Received 35 Likes on 14 Posts
Default USPS Delay

Hello,

We spoke to USPS yesterday. The driver is going to follow up today to see where the package is. It was picked up on April 4th.

Unfortunately, the USPS tracking system is not what they tell you it is. They are going to tell you what they think from whats in front of them, but it is rarely accurate. We ship many items via USPS and they have more of a "Delivery Confirmation" system. They do not scan along the way like Fedex/UPS does.

If they determine they do not have the package or something happened to it, I will gladly reship your items fedex 2 Day air for you. They should be letting me know today. Most claims take "up to 5 business days" but I will expedite a new shipment and we can worry about they other one once they figure it out.

We appreciate you patience and are very sorry that USPS has delayed/lost your package. We will let you know as soon as USPS contacts us today.

Thank you

Originally Posted by NSCoyote
PM sent

Old 04-15-2014, 11:15 AM
corliss@bakerdrivetrain.com
Banned
Received 1,856 Likes on 1,287 Posts

I sent a package to a customer in Canada one time USPS and it went to China first. Figure that one out.

Quick Reply: Directharleyparts.com/directcycleparts.com