Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   General Harley Davidson Chat (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/general-harley-davidson-chat-29/)
-   -   Info Needed! Fairing on RKC.. (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/general-harley-davidson-chat/951731-info-needed-fairing-on-rkc.html)

hdking13 03-25-2014 11:42 AM

Info Needed! Fairing on RKC..

I know this has been beaten to death, but there are questions that have not been answered. I have searched all threads ect. and found some good info, but not what I need. I want to put a fairing on my RKC and initially was all about using a streetglide fairing. I have found ZERO help with that. I was planning on having a friend of mine that does fiberglass work to redo the enitire inner for just speakers and my iPad Mini. So after that fail, I decided to look into AM fairings. I believe Dead Center looks to be the most atractive for my uses. I like the flat empty space above the radio were I could mount my iPad and use it as a GPS. I really wanted a fairing that I could use Harley parts on. Please let me know your experiances with your fairing and please give good detail not just "My Dragonfly Rocks!" Once I find what I want, I will be searching for a used one on craigslist or maybe if a member here has one they are wanting to get rid of???? Thanks for the help...

MN_RoadKing 03-25-2014 11:44 AM

Why would you want to ruin a perfectly good RoadKing?

I know, I know....to each his own...

hdking13 03-25-2014 01:19 PM

come on guys there are 900+ of you on this forum as we speak.. lets here it!

glide2meetu 03-25-2014 01:21 PM

Maybe try the touring section? More specific to the Road King and fairing bikes that you seek.

Loc_Tite 03-25-2014 08:47 PM

I'll chime in. If you can, look at the fairings in person. I looked closely at two manufacturers in Daytona this year and the difference in quality was huge. One, which was a well known brand, was less expensive and pre- painted black, had orange peel paint, rough cut weatherstripping, and raw edges around the perimeter. I wouldn't want it on my bike. The other ones were not painted but were sealed smoothly at the seam, crisply fit and finished, and the painted display bike had a mirror finish. Of course the cheap place was hopping with customers.

MikeBel 03-26-2014 12:14 PM

Why the secrecy on the forum? I see this a lot. You've got good info to share, so spill the beans and let us know the manufacturers you're talking about. Stating your opinion doesn't open you up to a libel suit.

Originally Posted by Loc_Tite (Post 12492005)
I'll chime in. If you can, look at the fairings in person. I looked closely at two manufacturers in Daytona this year and the difference in quality was huge. One, which was a well known brand, was less expensive and pre- painted black, had orange peel paint, rough cut weatherstripping, and raw edges around the perimeter. I wouldn't want it on my bike. The other ones were not painted but were sealed smoothly at the seam, crisply fit and finished, and the painted display bike had a mirror finish. Of course the cheap place was hopping with customers.

Loc_Tite 03-27-2014 04:14 PM

I know how this plays out is why... a guy gets butt-hurt when I call out what he bought and ten more jump on. Then everyone is confused or pissed off.
These questions are best asked in a PM.

2 Evil 03-27-2014 05:39 PM

I have a 2010 Road King with a Quadzilla fairing from Hoppe. I got it because a friend had it on his RKC and had a curve to it similar to the Glide. A little pricey than the Dead Center fairing but I got what I liked. 4 speakers and a bluetooth stereo that cranks. Usb and a accessory port and charger. Well made and I'm happy with it.

Sent while riding!

cobby 03-27-2014 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by MikeBel (Post 12494639)
Why the secrecy on the forum? I see this a lot. You've got good info to share, so spill the beans and let us know the manufacturers you're talking about. Stating your opinion doesn't open you up to a libel suit.

I didn't know they put hard bags on a classic such as in your sig pic. Or, why would you swap them out?

booch 03-27-2014 08:37 PM

http://i1182.photobucket.com/albums/...ps503d0342.jpg

I have a Deadcenter.
I bought it after much research on the forums never seeing anything bad.
It is very well made, great customer service, well worth the little extra cost since I plan on keeping it a long time.
You will have trouble mounting a ipad above the stereo, I put a Gps and it takes up most of the space.