Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   General Harley Davidson Chat (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/general-harley-davidson-chat-29/)
-   -   Caution buying HOG Merchandise (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/general-harley-davidson-chat/965102-caution-buying-hog-merchandise.html)

pearsom 05-08-2014 06:33 PM

Caution buying HOG Merchandise

Folks

Just want to give you a heads up. I ordered $20 worth of gear from National HOG Store via the HOG Store internet site. This store is run by the NORSCOT GROUP, INC 08006533313 WI

I asked that the items be sent by the cheapest shipping method. Snail mail to Canada. A week to ten days go by and still no confirming email. So I sent an email reminder, again stating no rush, snail mail is just fine.

Two days later I receive my order, sent via 2 day express mail. My $20 US order comes in at $53 Cdn. I had expected $30 with freight and exchange. At no time did I receive a confirmation email on my order as their website states. I did try to correspond with them and still nothing.

OK, I've been burnt and I won't purchase from them again, but please use caution dealing with the HOG Store/NORSCOT GROUP INC.

Mike

JMC22 05-08-2014 08:32 PM

The exchange rate is in favor of the US right now - about $1.00 US is worth $1.10 CDA - when you ordered the items, didn't you click a box telling them how to ship & how much it was going to cost you?
I tend not to buy or sell things across the boarder because it's so expensive - even the cheapest postage is expensive - I have a Mustang solo seat that someone wanted to buy in Canada - it was over $100 to ship - it killed the deal

Nickatnyt 05-08-2014 11:44 PM

It's rare for any larger sized company to ship outside the U.S. via 'snail mail' (more commonly known as 1st Class Air). So if you are in Canada and buying something from the U.S and don't see a shipping choice then it is 99.9% sure that your order will ship via Priority Air or by Express Air.

luisan 05-09-2014 12:41 AM

I don't understand why you're cautioning us about buying stuff from Norscot Inc.,they didn't cheat you nor sent the wrong merchandise nor they pocketed the postage money.I've dealt with them a few times without any problem (they also exchanged a discontinued shirt that was too small).

pearsom 05-09-2014 05:53 AM

luisan

Here is a quote from the HOG Shop website.

"Shipments outside of the United States will have additional estimated shipping charges added to your email confirmation."

The 'confirmation' email was never received.

smitty901 05-09-2014 05:58 AM

So called snail mail get here about the same as any other way of shipping. At a lower cost.

BassCatcher 05-09-2014 06:44 AM

I've bought stuff from them over the years and never had a problem with anything.

dan conner 05-09-2014 06:47 AM

i thought you could buy HOG merchandise at a dealer...i know i have seen display cases with their merchandise at several dealers.

pearsom 05-09-2014 12:28 PM

Dan

Thanks for the note, I'll check dealer for sure.

upflying 05-09-2014 01:35 PM

Why would anyone buy HOG merchandise?