Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   General Harley Davidson Chat (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/general-harley-davidson-chat-29/)
-   -   Do you get "The Feeling" (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/general-harley-davidson-chat/970024-do-you-get-the-feeling.html)

creed0423 05-26-2014 08:32 AM

Do you get "The Feeling"

Have you ever jumped on the bike and take off, then a few minutes later get a weird feeling about your bike?
Yesterday after I was off "on-call" I jumped on the my bike got on the interstate and was headed to meet my wife when I got this feeling. I have got it before and turned around went home and found nothing wrong with my bike. So I'm headed down the interstate looking at my tires and anything a can see on the bike. Im switching lanes and everything is okay when I notice my front left turn signal loose.
Once I got to where I was going, I was able to tighten it up. After that "the feeling" went away. Needless to say, today while I'm stuck at home on-call I'm going to double check all my nuts and bolts, fluid and air, and wash my bike.

KUB 05-26-2014 08:38 AM

My little voice and I have conversations all the time! that and my pre-ride routine help me get in the mind set for a good ride.

Redlegvzv 05-26-2014 08:55 AM

"the feeling" is real -- just one part of your brain communicating with the other. You should always heed it. Yes, the pre-ride inspection is a great way to quiet "the feeling..."

Tanuki 05-26-2014 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by KUB (Post 12774825)
My little voice and I have conversations all the time! that and my pre-ride routine help me get in the mind set for a good ride.

You have One little voice, I have many and often there are arguments going on. Ever heard the expression Octophrenic ?

Craig48 05-26-2014 09:12 AM

It's that feeling when you get to your bike and you know it's been moved or touched

ChickinOnaChain 05-26-2014 09:39 AM

I get the "what if" in my head before I ride for a few seconds, which wakes up my defensive senses.

Crazy Biker 05-26-2014 10:06 AM

I never had a feeling that my bike was going to fall a part.

creed0423 05-26-2014 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by Crazy Biker (Post 12775127)
I never had a feeling that my bike was going to fall a part.

You mean you don't get a feeling when somethings not right. Your not sure what it is but something isn't right and something bad may happen. Not necessarily to your bike, or something big, just something..

HDmikie 05-26-2014 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by creed0423 (Post 12775197)
You mean you don't get a feeling when somethings not right. Your not sure what it is but something isn't right and something bad may happen. Not necessarily to your bike, or something big, just something..

I know exactly what you mean. Last summer I jumped on my bike to go for a ride and felt like something wasn't right......then I realized I had to let a huge fart.....turns out it wasn't a fart. Needless to say, I had to turn around and go home to change my under shorts.

overthehill? 05-26-2014 11:14 AM

Guys...its 'the bell' speaking to you....if you hear it - you gotta listen.