Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   General Harley Davidson Chat (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/general-harley-davidson-chat-29/)
-   -   Dyno Tune Done (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/general-harley-davidson-chat/976476-dyno-tune-done.html)

patrickd 06-17-2014 12:43 PM

Dyno Tune Done

Thought I would share the numbers for anyone interested. Only thing done was changing stock exhaust to a Bassani Road Rage 2 into 1 header.

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/b...psd5f94c02.jpg

Stock torque was 112. Not sure about HP but have heard anywhere between 80 and 90, depending who you talk to.

oct1949 06-17-2014 04:58 PM

That's about average peak #'s for a 110''er with good pipes... Except for the dip between 2-3 K rpm's... which is where You'll be at most of the time...... Somebody didn't do a good tune for you.....

HD Pilot 06-17-2014 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by oct1949 (Post 12872758)
That's about average peak #'s for a 110''er with good pipes... Except for the dip between 2-3 K rpm's... which is where You'll be at most of the time...... Somebody didn't do a good tune for you.....

Depends on which Bassani RR he is running, some are better than others, even Kurt at Bassani warned me and now I am planning on new pipes....

rooti 06-17-2014 06:00 PM

is that you alan?

HD Pilot 06-17-2014 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by rooti (Post 12872963)
is that you alan?

Hey Dino, it's me! Changed my user name because basically using one's name is kinda lame.

patrickd 06-17-2014 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by HD Pilot (Post 12872943)
Depends on which Bassani RR he is running, some are better than others, even Kurt at Bassani warned me and now I am planning on new pipes....

Guy doing the tune said something similar about Bassani pipes. Would have preferred knowing that before I spent all the money. Oh well I know where the the power band is, doesn't take long to get there. Not like I'm out racing it. It does make a wonderful growl too.

It's the short Megaphone pipe. Is there anything that can be done? The guy doing the tune has a pretty good reputation working with the SE tuner.

HD Pilot 06-17-2014 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by patrickd (Post 12873886)
Guy doing the tune said something similar about Bassani pipes. Would have preferred knowing that before I spent all the money. Oh well I know where the the power band is, doesn't take long to get there. Not like I'm out racing it. It does make a wonderful growl too.

It's the short Megaphone pipe. Is there anything that can be done? The guy doing the tune has a pretty good reputation working with the SE tuner.

I believe your RRs have stepped headers, so that is good(mine don't). If you are running the Performance baffle, a switch to the Quiet baffle may help the low end a touch but probably not worth the effort. It is pretty much impossible to have a short pipe produce a great dyno chart, really just have to buy a longer performance pipe and sell your short Bassanis. The Bassanis look and sound great, so should be able to recoup a lot of the co$t.

patrickd 06-18-2014 12:11 AM

Originally Posted by HD Pilot (Post 12874060)
I believe your RRs have stepped headers, so that is good(mine don't). If you are running the Performance baffle, a switch to the Quiet baffle may help the low end a touch but probably not worth the effort. It is pretty much impossible to have a short pipe produce a great dyno chart, really just have to buy a longer performance pipe and sell your short Bassanis. The Bassanis look and sound great, so should be able to recoup a lot of the co$t.

Not sure but I'm going to find out if they're stepped. Yes on the performance baffle. I should have done more research on the short/long differences. I appreciate the education.

I'm going to live with this one for a while I think. The low end performance isn't a huge concern for now. Plus I really dig the way it pulls just past 3k. Took it for a nice long ride today on a very lonely divided highway with lots of visibility. Still grinning ear to ear.

I did get a good deal on the pipe. $551 to the door from IndySuperBike.

Again, thanks for the information.

That's a yes on them being stepped.