General Topics/Tech Tips Discussion on break in periods, rider comfort, seats and pad suggestions. Tech tips as they become available will be posted here.

2007 electra glide standard

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2017, 03:40 PM
MURPHCC1
Club Member
Received 2,791 Likes on 1,359 Posts

Had my 07 do that.......cleaned out the IAC and changed the fuel filter and hoses inside tank.....THEY LEAK!!!
lowers fuel pressure and wont start........cleaning IAC is mentioned quite a lot on here .......just do a search....

Old 06-11-2017, 05:19 AM
Chriswalden88
Intermediate
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Let's take a step back here. Keep it simple. First things first.
What codes if any is the bike giving you?
What is your fuel pressure both in the cold (starts fine condition) and hot (does not fire off condition)?

Those two questions will tell you alot either way. This could be caused by any number of things.
I'm always an advocate of troubleshooting instead of throwing expensive parts at it.

Old 06-11-2017, 06:28 AM
1340hog
Tourer
Received 59 Likes on 55 Posts
Old 06-11-2017, 10:02 AM
Zerk
Banned
Received 827 Likes on 655 Posts

Originally Posted by MURPHCC1
Had my 07 do that.......cleaned out the IAC and changed the fuel filter and hoses inside tank.....THEY LEAK!!!
lowers fuel pressure and wont start........cleaning IAC is mentioned quite a lot on here .......just do a search....
I too have had problems with 07's IAC, and clean it perodically. But the problems have been stalling when coming down from speed.

One of the regrets I have about buying first year model. Not sure what changed, but the stalling seems to be more a problem with 07s. But that is not why I regret first year purchase.

Old 06-11-2017, 12:45 PM
roussfam
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,738 Likes on 3,507 Posts

Originally Posted by Zerk
I too have had problems with 07's IAC, and clean it perodically. But the problems have been stalling when coming down from speed.

One of the regrets I have about buying first year model. Not sure what changed, but the stalling seems to be more a problem with 07s. But that is not why I regret first year purchase.
No problems with my 07...

Old 06-11-2017, 01:13 PM
Zerk
Banned

How many miles on yours?

Why do you think they added IDS? Why do you think they changed transmission shaft? All the comp nut changes?

The primary tensioner I believe is the big problem, or contributor. Why would just a 6 speed and 96" cause all the problems? Though they did go to 96" without Timken.

I replaced it and inner primary bearing at same time. Something was making noise. The design does not loosen. I can now ride at lower RPMs without gear clatter.

They also made some changes to induction module. Bad take off, some believe to big of induction module, some believe the easy pull clutch design. Dunno. My 01 I did the ramps,but not the spring.

Old 06-11-2017, 03:17 PM
Max Headflow
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,252 Likes on 3,626 Posts

While it's always good to look for codes, a bad crank sensor typically won't give one.. Low or bad fuel pressure might give a code but might not.. The bike don't have fuel pressure sensors. On an 07, for a historic code to be present, the engine light will on for 4 then go out normally.. If it comes back on and stay on there is a current failure code. If it comes on for a second time there is a historic code that will eventually clear after so many starts.

Old 06-11-2017, 03:31 PM
Max Headflow
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,252 Likes on 3,626 Posts

Originally Posted by Zerk
How many miles on yours?

Why do you think they added IDS? Why do you think they changed transmission shaft? All the comp nut changes?

The primary tensioner I believe is the big problem, or contributor. Why would just a 6 speed and 96" cause all the problems? Though they did go to 96" without Timken.

I replaced it and inner primary bearing at same time. Something was making noise. The design does not loosen. I can now ride at lower RPMs without gear clatter.

They also made some changes to induction module. Bad take off, some believe to big of induction module, some believe the easy pull clutch design. Dunno. My 01 I did the ramps,but not the spring.
Sorry to the OP for going OT here.

I got 80K on a 07. The IDS was added to calm the 5th gears rattle. I bought my 07 used and the previous owner had added the IDS kit. While the comp changed (not sure what you mean by comp nut), the stocker worked pretty good as long as the motor is stock. I'm still running the original tensioners tho I had to replace the IPB at 30K.. Mine died in an unusual manner. corrosion got under the inner bearing sleeve and made the bearing bind up. Main-shaft were changed to try and keep the inner bearing sleeve from walking in. It was changed again when they went to helical cut 5th gear. Last year for timken was 2002.

What's the induction module? The throttle body?

Old 06-11-2017, 04:03 PM
roussfam
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,738 Likes on 3,507 Posts

It's funny how things are hit and miss. I don't have any 5th gear noise, transmission or compensator issues, or take off issues. I have an 07 with a 103 kit and SE204's. No death wobble either. Mind you I don't scrape floorboards at 85mph in sharp turns either.

Old 06-11-2017, 06:00 PM
Zerk
Banned

Originally Posted by Max Headflow
Sorry to the OP for going OT here.

I got 80K on a 07. The IDS was added to calm the 5th gears rattle. I bought my 07 used and the previous owner had added the IDS kit. While the comp changed (not sure what you mean by comp nut), the stocker worked pretty good as long as the motor is stock. I'm still running the original tensioners tho I had to replace the IPB at 30K.. Mine died in an unusual manner. corrosion got under the inner bearing sleeve and made the bearing bind up. Main-shaft were changed to try and keep the inner bearing sleeve from walking in. It was changed again when they went to helical cut 5th gear. Last year for timken was 2002.

What's the induction module? The throttle body?
Yes last year for Timken was 2002, maybe 96" is to much without it. Granted many people have done 95s, which being after market will have more power.

Induction module is like a a carb. Compensator goes on end of crank inside the primary.

I didn't notice a 5th gear problem. But I did notice some vibrations under 3k. When I went with M6 tensioner, it went away. The Harley primary chain tensioner to me has no way to back off. That chain was tight.

I was crossing Alberta or BC when my primary started making noise around 30k.

They have also done some tweeks on fuel injection mapping for heat I have been told.

Quick Reply: 2007 electra glide standard