General Topics/Tech Tips Discussion on break in periods, rider comfort, seats and pad suggestions. Tech tips as they become available will be posted here.

Heated Gear - Glyde, Gerbings and Gear brand, parts are interchangeable

Old 11-08-2017, 04:44 PM
fat_tony
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 168 Likes on 136 Posts
Default Heated Gear - Glyde, Gerbings and Gear brand, parts are interchangeable

After searching for a new battery wiring harness for my Gerbings heated gear and failing I found a retailer that sold Gear brand heated gear. Just wanted to let people know that they use the exact same plugs so accessories are completely interchangeable. This also applies to HD branded heated gear, which is made by Gerbings.

Old 11-10-2017, 09:24 AM
tankthebiker
Road Master
Received 178 Likes on 121 Posts

Website? I am looking for some good gloves.

Old 11-12-2017, 11:42 AM
fat_tony
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 168 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by tankthebiker
Website? I am looking for some good gloves.
In my experience using both heated grips and heated gloves, grips are more practical than heated gloves for general use although heated gloves can ultimately be more comfortable on a long highway journey and extremely cold weather.

Heated gloves are ultimately more comfortable than heated grips in very low temperatures on a long trip as they heat the back of your hands but you have the hassle of wires and plugging them in, plus they are a lot more expensive and are only available when you bring them along.

Heated grips are always available to take off the chill and when worn in combination with gore tex waterproof motorcycle gloves (to keep wind out) offer decent comfort in cold weather. Check out gloves from Revit, Dainese, etc.. Having some kind of gauntlet on cold weather gloves is important.

Oxford make great heated grips at a reasonable price ($100).

Lots of websites sell and provide info on this stuff, just google it

Suggest Revzilla.com as a place to start. Don't buy heated gloves that do not contain insulation as well as gauntlets as it will limit their usefulness in cold weather. https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...anguard-gloves

Last edited by fat_tony; 11-12-2017 at 11:51 AM.
Old 11-19-2017, 05:21 PM
Idahokid
Road Master
Received 87 Likes on 71 Posts

I have Gerbing and California heating and they work together also.And use a first gear controller.