General Topics/Tech Tips Discussion on break in periods, rider comfort, seats and pad suggestions. Tech tips as they become available will be posted here.

2013 CVO breakout with 200miles - Go/No go? Advix

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2018, 11:29 PM
boomla
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2013 CVO breakout with 200miles - Go/No go? Advix

Hi

i just moved to singapore where bikes are ridiculously expensive and I just found a very good external condition CVO breakout with about 200 miles on it. Basically the bike was bought 5 years ago and used more than sparsely over the years. I was left on battery tender and I understand the battery was replaced last year. It had yearly maintenance done.
It will be serviced again before purchase (mostly change fluids).
the bike looks beautiful from the outside but am concerned issues will pop up once it start to get ridden again.

any advice? Similar stories and experience with underused bikes?

Last edited by boomla; 02-16-2018 at 12:52 AM.
Old 02-16-2018, 12:05 PM
nevil
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 969 Likes on 732 Posts

Originally Posted by boomla
Hi

i just moved to singapore where bikes are ridiculously expensive and I just found a very good external condition CVO breakout with about 200 miles on it. Basically the bike was bought 5 years ago and used more than sparsely over the years. I was left on battery tender and I understand the battery was replaced last year. It had yearly maintenance done.
the bike looks beautiful from the outside but am concerned issues will pop up once it start to get ridden again.

Sounds painful, but guess it depends where the clips were hooked up.
Just kidding.

Not sure what you mean by yearly maintenance. Try to find out what was done.
There might not be any damage to the seals and lines, but sometimes you can't tell until it's ridden more.
Flush out the fuel tank and lines, refill with fresh gas and put in some fuel treatment like Seafoam.
The only definite need should be a new set of tires. After 5 years there could be cracking and dry rot.
Money would be well spent on having a good tech check everything over before you make a decision.

Old 02-16-2018, 07:00 PM
harleytacticalnut
Cruiser
Received 57 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by boomla
Hi

I know that bike very well. Rode mine for 7000 miles. That molten black diamond color is the best bike I have ever owned. The polished metal finish is phenomenal and is second to none. The only issue is they had some of those bikes somehow get moisture under the clear coat and start to rust the polished metal. They actually acknowledged this and would warranty it. But once you got outside the warranty period it’s on you. I never had that experience but know of a few that did. But I say buy it my friend because they are very limited and very hard to lay your hands on. I really miss mine. Throw some F47- 14” bars with thunderheader 2-1 with a powervision or tts and you got one mean, lean bad *** running machine. That bike is a true harley CVO in every sense. Good luck and if you do decide to buy it shoot some pictures. Just curious though what is the selling price?

Old 02-16-2018, 10:57 PM
boomla
6th Gear

The one on sale with low mileage is gold colour. It goes for SGD 45k and looks stunning. Yes price is steep but its singapore... a new 2018 breakout will put you out by c. 55-60k sgd....

There is an other one on sale with 11k miles. Red one which has tons of impressive mods (cams, headers and mufflers.) It would go for the same price.

I like the gold colour very much but the red one is the sound mechanical option.

Old 02-17-2018, 03:38 PM
roussfam
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,738 Likes on 3,507 Posts

Welcome to the Forum. Starting multiple threads with same question isn't necessary

Old 02-17-2018, 05:31 PM
boomla
6th Gear

Originally Posted by roussfam
Welcome to the Forum. Starting multiple threads with same question isn't necessary
Thanks I did it by mistake. Was trying to delete the other one but could not find the option.

Old 02-19-2018, 09:11 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,852 Likes on 2,419 Posts
Thumbs up

Add replacing the brake fluid to your shortlist of things to do, along with the other fluids. Any CVO is something to be covette IMHO, so you really have only two choices: walk away - or buy and ride! Don't hesitate to do the latter.....

Old 02-19-2018, 10:11 PM
Aogmitch
Cruiser
Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

How much does the COE run on a motorcycle over there now?

Old 02-19-2018, 10:38 PM
boomla
6th Gear

Originally Posted by Aogmitch
How much does the COE run on a motorcycle over there now?
SGD 8500... going up

Old 02-19-2018, 10:39 PM
boomla
6th Gear

Thanks thinking about the buy and ride option very hard.

Quick Reply: 2013 CVO breakout with 200miles - Go/No go? Advix