General Topics/Tech Tips Discussion on break in periods, rider comfort, seats and pad suggestions. Tech tips as they become available will be posted here.

It's the little things....

Old 03-01-2018, 07:32 PM
67Shuv
Road Master

Received 385 Likes on 241 Posts
Default It's the little things....

Went by the dealer today to talk to a tech I know and run a VIN for a buddy looking at a used bike. Anywho. I walked up front to poke around and see what was on the floor etc. I walk by the helmet rack and notice a little gadget in a box on top of the helmet display. Helmet quick release, made by Echo. Looked it over, seems to be a cool little piece. Paid for it, stuck it in my jacket pocket and rolled on home. Got home and fitted the thing to my helmet and ...... WHERE THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN ALL MY LIFE. This thing is awesome! No fumbling with D rings, and my Biltwell helmet has a snap on the strap that always got snagged in the D ring. Not to mention I have Ball Park hot dogs for fingers. Got it adjusted and it's great. I HIGHLY recommend this little doo-dad to anyone who doesn't like jacking with D rings on helmet straps.

Anyway, y'all probably already know about this thing and I've been under a rock but if you haven't, it's the best $8 you'll spend today.

https://xtremehelmets.com/echo-helme...SABEgK8RvD_BwE

The following users liked this post:
W.Murphy (03-17-2018)
Old 03-01-2018, 08:58 PM
98hotrodfatboy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,784 Likes on 3,300 Posts

True story...... My last helmet had one of those quick snaps... And I'm like cool gonna love the ease of snapping it on.... Well one day I'm on the LIE doing 65 and snap, gone in an instant. Looking back in my side view mirror I watched as it got run over a couple times... D rings don't do that...

Old 03-01-2018, 09:02 PM
BuzzCap7
Received 18,318 Likes on 10,699 Posts

Originally Posted by 67Shuv
[left]Went by the dealer today to talk to a tech I know and run a VIN for a buddy looking at a used bike. Anywho. I walked up front to poke around and see what was on the floor etc. I walk by the helmet rack and notice a little gadget in a box on top of the helmet display. Helmet quick release, made by Echo. Looked it over, seems to be a cool little piece. Paid for it, stuck it in my jacket pocket and rolled on home. Got home and fitted the thing to my helmet and ...... WHERE THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN ALL MY LIFE. This thing is awesome! No fumbling with D rings, and my Biltwell helmet has a snap on the strap that always got snagged in the D ring. Not to mention I have Ball Park hot dogs for fingers. Got it adjusted and it's great. I HIGHLY recommend this little doo-dad to anyone who doesn't like jacking with D rings on helmet straps.

Anyway, y'all probably already know about this thing and I've been under a rock but if you haven't, it's the best $8 you'll spend today.
Won't wear a helmet with it! GREAT find.......

You will need to get a new one each time u get a new helmet I am pretty sure.

BuzzCap7

Old 03-01-2018, 09:32 PM
67Shuv
Road Master

My joy may be a little premature but the way the two parts lock together I don't see how they could come unsnapped unless they're not all the way together to begin with, or the metal piece breaks all together. Don't know the issue with the one that had problems posted about above but I'll reserve judgement wether or not it's tried and true.... all I know so far is it's also damn easy to take on/off.

I snapped the sides together and pulled like hell and the joint felt solid as a rock. Time will tell I suppose.

Old 03-01-2018, 09:53 PM
5wheels
Road Master
Received 409 Likes on 266 Posts

Been using one for about 6 years now. When I switched helmets I moved it to the new helmet. The only problem I have had was if you get it in crooked it is a bear to get lose.

Old 03-01-2018, 10:04 PM
67Shuv
Road Master

Yeah, I don't see why this one wouldn't be transferrable

Old 03-03-2018, 04:07 PM
Cbyway
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 786 Likes on 467 Posts

I wore em for years with all my motor helmets. Never had a problem. One year we were issued new lids with Velcro straps. After a year of hard use the Velcro would get weak just about the time the new issue would be due. For civilian use I image they would last the lifetime of a helmet. As for the quick release buckles...I love em, on every helmet but my FF Shoei.

The following users liked this post:
67Shuv (03-03-2018)
Old 03-03-2018, 06:10 PM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,938 Likes on 1,701 Posts

Interesting, I’ll have to try one of those. I hate messing with the D rings.

Old 03-03-2018, 06:19 PM
squirrelsnest
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,360 Likes on 2,639 Posts
Old 03-03-2018, 06:22 PM
Iron25
Road Captain
Received 86 Likes on 66 Posts

I first got one for my snowmobile helmet about 15 years ago, and fell in love with them

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: It's the little things....