General Topics/Tech Tips Discussion on break in periods, rider comfort, seats and pad suggestions. Tech tips as they become available will be posted here.

Harbor Freight Motorcycle Lift

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2018, 01:59 PM
HDJeff44
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Harbor Freight Motorcycle Lift

I would like to pick one of these up. I see that there has been coupons for it quite a few times for $299. I am in the lookout for one so if anyone discovers one would they please post on here?

https://www.harborfreight.com/automo...ift-69904.html

Thanks
Jeff

Old 03-14-2018, 02:29 PM
Mikes145
Road Captain
Received 151 Likes on 102 Posts
The following users liked this post:
cruzercat (01-10-2019)
Old 03-14-2018, 02:36 PM
Hammertime1978
Cruiser
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by HDJeff44
I would like to pick one of these up. I see that there has been coupons for it quite a few times for $299. I am in the lookout for one so if anyone discovers one would they please post on here?

https://www.harborfreight.com/automo...ift-69904.html

Thanks
Jeff
FYI Jeff, if or when you get one. Keep in mind with that lift, when its all the way up with the bike on it. It can be front heavy and has a tendency to tip forward. Also the wheel lock is well...eh. I have one of these as my second lift. I make sure I set the floor anchors and I replaced the wheel lock with one of these.

https://www.harborfreight.com/Motorc...ock-69026.html

Just my 2 cents...

Old 03-14-2018, 02:52 PM
HDJeff44
Intermediate

Thanks guys!! I was going to replace the wheel chock. I did not know about the front heavy issue. Did you add any support? I thought about making legs that extend out. I have a Ultra Limited... so its heavy. The Harley dealer here actually has a bike on one of these lifts in there show room.

Old 03-14-2018, 03:03 PM
Hammertime1978
Cruiser
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by HDJeff44
Thanks guys!! I was going to replace the wheel chock. I did not know about the front heavy issue. Did you add any support? I thought about making legs that extend out. I have a Ultra Limited... so its heavy. The Harley dealer here actually has a bike on one of these lifts in there show room.
That might be a good idea. Maybe go to where that lift is on the showroom and If they have a bagger on that lift ask one of the guys there to show it to you. Maybe have them push down on the front of the lift to see if it teeters. I didn't add any supports to it but then again it's my secondary lift and I've only put smaller bikes on it like dyna's or softails. Whenever I use it, I just make sure the screw type anchors are always adjusted correctly before raising the bike. My primary lift is a Handy and that's what I use for the heaver touring bikes.

Old 03-14-2018, 03:22 PM
shorelasHD
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2,858 Likes on 1,270 Posts

I wouldn't put my precious RK on a cheep unstable chinese lift. You'd be much better off with a J&S www.jsjacks.com. NO teetering or tipping, and your bike can be kept on the lift without extra straps, etc. True, they cost more, but the quality and customer service are unmatched, they have specials all the time, and occasionally one pops up for sale used on this Forum or CL.

BTW there are many threads on motorcycle lifts and jacks on the Forum-consider doing a review before pulling the trigger. Just my $0.02

Last edited by shorelasHD; 03-14-2018 at 03:22 PM. Reason: grammar
Old 03-14-2018, 03:43 PM
HDJeff44
Intermediate

Originally Posted by shorelasHD
I wouldn't put my precious RK on a cheep unstable chinese lift. You'd be much better off with a J&S www.jsjacks.com. NO teetering or tipping, and your bike can be kept on the lift without extra straps, etc. True, they cost more, but the quality and customer service are unmatched, they have specials all the time, and occasionally one pops up for sale used on this Forum or CL.

BTW there are many threads on motorcycle lifts and jacks on the Forum-consider doing a review before pulling the trigger. Just my $0.02
Seems like sound advice. I would like to get a platform lift. I would like for it to be under $750. I have been searching around but everyone thinks theirs is the best. I will be searching the forum over the next several days for others experiences.

Old 03-14-2018, 03:43 PM
ABQ-Jammer
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 4,753 Likes on 2,317 Posts

Originally Posted by Hammertime1978
FYI Jeff, if or when you get one. Keep in mind with that lift, when its all the way up with the bike on it. It can be front heavy and has a tendency to tip forward. Also the wheel lock is well...eh. I have one of these as my second lift. I make sure I set the floor anchors and I replaced the wheel lock with one of these.

https://www.harborfreight.com/Motorc...ock-69026.html

Just my 2 cents...
So, how did you replace the wheel lock on there with that one from the link? Does the one that comes on the lift unbolt, so you just bolt the other one down?

Right now, I've got one of the Sears red jacks, but have been thinking about getting one of these instead for maintenance other than changing tires or lubing chains. Having the bike up higher would be a LOT easier on my back!

Old 03-14-2018, 03:55 PM
jhsellers
Cruiser
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by ABQ-Jammer
So, how did you replace the wheel lock on there with that one from the link? Does the one that comes on the lift unbolt, so you just bolt the other one down?
You will have to drill - to match the replacement wheel chock/clamp.

Hope this helps,
John

Old 03-14-2018, 04:13 PM
Gillster
Intermediate
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have a HF lift and it holds my Road Glide just fine. I have done a few mods to it but plan on making some outriggers so it will be a lot more stable plus i am going to make it an air/hydraulic lift hopefully this month.

Last edited by Gillster; 03-14-2018 at 04:16 PM.

Quick Reply: Harbor Freight Motorcycle Lift