General Topics/Tech Tips Discussion on break in periods, rider comfort, seats and pad suggestions. Tech tips as they become available will be posted here.

Alternative to set screws (glue) for PM grips

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2018, 08:20 AM
Jean-Philippe Taschereau
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Alternative to set screws (glue) for PM grips

Just got a set of PM grips and the way to secure them is with set screws. I don't feel like drilling into my brand new bars lol.

what would be an alternative as far as glue etc. Don't think gorilla glue or hair spray will work since the inside is metal and not snug to the bar.

Eurethane caulking maybe ?

Thanks

Last edited by Jean-Philippe Taschereau; 04-18-2018 at 08:25 AM.
Old 04-18-2018, 12:58 PM
Jean-Philippe Taschereau
Intermediate

Never mind just drilled them, just can't delete the original post

Old 04-22-2018, 07:08 PM
Spartanden
Club Member

Received 8,243 Likes on 6,004 Posts

FYI.... when I re-gripped golf clubs, I used the old white medical tape, or a double sided adhesive tape, wrapped around the shaft, then poured some lighter fluid into the grips, sloshed around, then poured what was left over the tape and slid the grip on. In fact I did the same thing on my dirt bikes....changed those every spring. The lighter fluid would react to the tape adhesive and create a tacky mess....and held the grips nice and tight!!!

Old 04-23-2018, 10:24 AM
Mattbastard
Elite HDF Member

Received 1,408 Likes on 864 Posts

Originally Posted by Spartanden
FYI.... when I re-gripped golf clubs, I used the old white medical tape, or a double sided adhesive tape, wrapped around the shaft, then poured some lighter fluid into the grips, sloshed around, then poured what was left over the tape and slid the grip on. In fact I did the same thing on my dirt bikes....changed those every spring. The lighter fluid would react to the tape adhesive and create a tacky mess....and held the grips nice and tight!!!
Word! I always have double sided tape and some special solvent just like lighter fluid just for installing grips.

Old 04-23-2018, 05:34 PM
Jean-Philippe Taschereau
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Spartanden

Nice, I've been told they tend to come loose even with the set screws, so I'll definitely keep this in mind, Thanks !