General Topics/Tech Tips Discussion on break in periods, rider comfort, seats and pad suggestions. Tech tips as they become available will be posted here.

Sportster jockey shift

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2012, 02:55 PM
Johnny Snider
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sportster jockey shift

I want to make my rigid EVO sporty a jockey shift and foot clutch. NOT forward controls. Again: Not with forward controls. I only use mids, dont be a sheep. Dont you dare send me to Briola, its junk, seriously. I need to figure out how to run the clutch cable from the case to the foot clutch and make a stop for it. Also: I dont want to just make the shift lever attached at the shift hub, READ: ghost shifting due to top heavy weight or hitting a bump! Like the crappy Briola design, I want to make a bracket that bolts to the rear of the case and run a linkage bar from the shifter shaft to the shift lever bracket. It kinda puts it where it would be on a big twin, further back, ya dig? I, like most dirtbag garage builders, I am a trial and error guy so, bear with me. Waiting for the "chopcult" response as well. I am afraid this site may be full of "bagger nation" guys. Sorry, friends dont let friends ride a bike your fat *** cant pick up when you dump it. Choppers rule!hahaha! Feel free to bleat a response. Submitted for your enjoyment, thanks in advance. Now turn this thing off and do something to your bike....

Last edited by Johnny Snider; 12-13-2012 at 02:58 PM. Reason: cahnt sphell
Old 12-16-2012, 06:52 PM
TRacer
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Here's a thread that may help or give you some ideas-- notice how this member used a a brake pedal flipped backwards for his mid-control bike:

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/sport...installed.html

Old 12-16-2012, 07:01 PM
TRacer
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Here's a thread that may help or give you some ideas-- notice how this member used a a brake pedal flipped backwards for his mid-control bike:

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/sport...installed.html

Old 12-24-2012, 08:19 PM
tripn88
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like how you say the la briola kit is crap yet you want a set up just like it lmao.