Good Or Bad Shopping Experiences At HDF Post Your Shopping Experience Here

BKPA does not play well with others!

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2019, 08:34 PM
Bobcat264
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default BKPA does not play well with others!

BKPA sold item to another member after I sent him payment and then tries to explain that other member paid first. Impossible! I made payment hours before their conversation began. I did get refunded.
Also insisted that I pay as friend/gift thru PayPal. I did, so I’m guilty as well.
Beware!

Old 04-02-2019, 01:02 AM
sloufoot
Received 4,082 Likes on 3,484 Posts

If a person tries to force you to pay the PayPal fees with either Gift, or Friends and Family, Buy from someone else !

I guess people don't understand why we don't allow it in the forums.

You can include the fees in the price of the item when you advertise your item. That way everyone pays the same !

You also loose the help from PayPal getting your money returned in the case of a foul deal !

Last edited by sloufoot; 04-03-2019 at 05:55 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Not E'nuff Harley (04-24-2019)
Old 04-02-2019, 09:02 AM
bkpa
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is not at all how this happened. As I explained to him, I received a PayPal payment from the other buyer before his. He sent his money first. That is where the confusion is. I refunded his money. I did the right thing.

It it is a shame that someone blasts you because things did not go their way.

Old 04-03-2019, 01:51 AM
LiquidMovz
Advanced
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by bkpa
That is not at all how this happened. As I explained to him, I received a PayPal payment from the other buyer before his. He sent his money first. That is where the confusion is. I refunded his money. I did the right thing.

It it is a shame that someone blasts you because things did not go their way.
@bkpa you did right by me, the buyer!

Not sure what happened with payment first...I can tell you that my communication and transaction with @bkpa was nothing short of top notch and handled about as smoothly as any transaction I have ever done! This guy was 100% responsive to my PMs and shipped out the item REALLY fast and sent me the tracking info...

And NEVER once did @bkpa ask me to send PayPal as a Friend...I saw the same post that @sloufoot made here, in the Classified Post as well after it was closed and had no idea what he was talking about, nor could I respond there...As I am sure anyone that may possibly read it won't either...I would think it "doing the right thing as a Moderator" that it would be removed from that post with no backstory for the comment...It was by fluke that I saw this post as was able to respond as the buyer in the transaction...

The item is landing later today, and I expect it to be exactly as described and pictured with no issue...I will say that I would happily do business with @bkpa again if he ever had something I wanted...and I think it unfair and ungrounded, that @sloufoot made the callout in ALL RED CAPS as was done both here and in the classified post that is now closed...

Also, @Bobcat264, if you got the refund, as you stated...WHAT is there to "Beware" of???? It doesn't appear that it's @bkpa that "does not play well with others!"

Just my 2 cents on seeing this, as an innocent and VERY satisfied buyer with how my transaction went with @bkpa

Thanks @bkpa for an AWESOME transaction and I would recommend him to any member (or otherwise) as a seller!

Old 04-03-2019, 05:54 AM
sloufoot
Received 4,082 Likes on 3,484 Posts

Originally Posted by LiquidMovz
@bkpa you did right by me, the buyer!

Not sure what happened with payment first...I can tell you that my communication and transaction with @bkpa was nothing short of top notch and handled about as smoothly as any transaction I have ever done! This guy was 100% responsive to my PMs and shipped out the item REALLY fast and sent me the tracking info...

And NEVER once did @bkpa ask me to send PayPal as a Friend...I saw the same post that @sloufoot made here, in the Classified Post as well after it was closed and had no idea what he was talking about, nor could I respond there...As I am sure anyone that may possibly read it won't either...I would think it "doing the right thing as a Moderator" that it would be removed from that post with no backstory for the comment...It was by fluke that I saw this post as was able to respond as the buyer in the transaction...

The item is landing later today, and I expect it to be exactly as described and pictured with no issue...I will say that I would happily do business with @bkpa again if he ever had something I wanted...and I think it unfair and ungrounded, that @sloufoot made the callout in ALL RED CAPS as was done both here and in the classified post that is now closed...

Also, @Bobcat264, if you got the refund, as you stated...WHAT is there to "Beware" of???? It doesn't appear that it's @bkpa that "does not play well with others!"

Just my 2 cents on seeing this, as an innocent and VERY satisfied buyer with how my transaction went with @bkpa

Thanks @bkpa for an AWESOME transaction and I would recommend him to any member (or otherwise) as a seller!
BKPA sold item to another member after I sent him payment and then tries to explain that other member paid first. Impossible! I made payment hours before their conversation began. I did get refunded.
Also insisted that I pay as friend/gift thru PayPal. I did, so I’m guilty as well.
Beware!

This continues to be a problem off the Forums when someone knows they can't do the request for the fees in the ad.
I wasn't there and neither were you. But you did make the deal that went through.
We seem to not understand the reasons behind the rule. So every chance I have, I try and remind everyone of the rule. Most everyone follows the rules while on the forums, but whan closing the deal they seem to get greedy !
When I make a purchase here, I always up the amount I send to cover the fees. That is unless they have already beed added in the ad price. That way it works out both ways, I keep my PayPal protection and the seller doesn't get hurt.
I will alter my post to not single out anyone.
Have a good day
Sloufoot

The following users liked this post:
Bama Lee (04-04-2019)
Old 04-03-2019, 06:07 AM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,342 Likes on 3,278 Posts

Never pay as gift...if the seller can’t figure out how to sell and get money as a purchase, maybe the seller shouldn’t be selling. A gift is just that, a gift.

Old 04-05-2019, 10:36 AM
Bobcat264
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for your 2 cents, Liquid. Enjoy your mirrors.
FYI......
If if you want them they are yours. PayPal me
brett4@xxxxxxxx.net

Thanks.
Brett

Last edited by sloufoot; 04-06-2019 at 03:32 AM.